Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGiG help please!

Old 03-18-2013, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGiG help please!

I've been searching and searching for info about upgrading my factory Uconnect single disc(non infinity) HU. Everything that I have been reading just isn't making any sense to me at all... I've read that even tho I have the Uconnect already that I'll still need to order a 130$ Uconnect harness because even the the jeep is factory equipped with it, that the mygig is too.... Is this true? I havnt seen anyone mention it in there install write ups.

Anyways, I've also read that this can be a 20 minute install from start to finish. I'm not sure how easy it really is because it's all very confusing.

I have a 2012 jk sport with a single disc Uconnect HU and all I want to do is put in a Navi MyGiG unit. What exactly do I need to buy? I do know that I'll need a high speed unit.

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I *believe* (since i havent done it personally) that all you need to do (if you already have a uconnect module installed) is just install a uconnect capable head unit.
THere are head units out there that are not uconnect enabled, so those would need additional pieces.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Just install the head unit you want and go. RERs have uconnect in them already so make sure you plug in the mic and set it up in the secret menu(lol). Should be plug and play!

Sent from my thingy.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mister ed
Just install the head unit you want and go. RERs have uconnect in them already so make sure you plug in the mic and set it up in the secret menu(lol). Should be plug and play!

Sent from my thingy.
What's the secret menu?
Old 03-18-2013, 02:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GeckoTY
What's the secret menu?

Q: How do I access the MyGIG engineering menu?
A: You can access the Engineering Menu of the MyGIG by pressing the 3 Hard Keys: SEEK UP - SEEK DOWN - MENU all at the same time. Which will allow you to test your hard drive, restore the system to factory defaults, reinstall corrupt software, Screw up your MyGIG permanently, etc.. Please be VERY careful when using this menu.

Quick Reply: MyGiG help please!