Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mygig mic. problem

Old 08-22-2009, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig mic. problem

Can someone shed some light onto why my mygig mic stopped working. It worked fine and then I did the software update and it stopped working. I got into the engineering mode and made sure the mic. is enabled witch it was but still isn't working. Thanks
Old 08-22-2009, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by keneds
Can someone shed some light onto why my mygig mic stopped working. It worked fine and then I did the software update and it stopped working. I got into the engineering mode and made sure the mic. is enabled witch it was but still isn't working. Thanks
I cant say WHY it stopped working, but can suggest some things to try. I'd first disconnect the battery for 10 mins, then reconnect it. Oddly, that worked for me recently.....My ,yGIG stopped working at all (after I had disconnected battery for about an hour), but started back again after I did a 10 min disconnect/reconnect.

If that doesn't work, I'd pull the unit out of the dash and disconnect, then reconnect the mic cable (making sure it wasn't crimped or otherwise damaged).

All this considers that the mic is in good shape, hasn't gotten wet recently, etc.

Good luck!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the mic from the lockpick site. How much is the mopar mic? Maybe it's the mic that is the problem. It's not old at all...
Old 08-28-2009, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

$40 bucks or so....
Old 08-31-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

You might want to check your mic. I also had the lockpick mic, and it to stopped working (and it didn't even work that great to begin with.

So I had the mic I got with my allgig, so I switched them. I was recently going to sell the coastaltech mic and when I went to ship it, I noticed one of the wires had become disconnected. I wonder if it was just a sh!tty job on my mic or in general.

I do not mean to bash them at all, but I was disappointed with the mic. I LOVE the new one. It is much more noticeable but have NO complaints from people when on the phone with them and the radio gets the voice commands right every time. With the coastaltech mic, I stopped using voice commands, I constantly a different station that requested.

Then again, it could be my Jerzey accent.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think I might buy the Mopar mic. The lockpick mic. is apparently junk.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Just to double check the obvious. Did you try going into the setup menu and double check that when you installed the new update that it didn't somehow disable JK/VR? That would be a much easier fix than getting a new mic, but at least the Mopar one isn't real expensive.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I've been trying everything to get it working. A new mic. is the next option.

Quick Reply: Mygig mic. problem