Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig phonebook help

Old 02-23-2010, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGig phonebook help

I have a mygig that has a build date of 2008, I would have to actually pull the radio out to get the rest of the info as to the exact build date. But either way I was playing with another mygig and the moment I set up the bluetooth and it did the typical questions as usual and then it showed an icon of a phone and a phonebook and the phone had the arrows going of data being transferred but when I did the same with my radio in my jk it does not have the same feature. Does anyone know anything about this or how to fix it ? Help would be great.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

You need to upgrade the version of software you're running, you need 2.043 and you'll be set.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
You need to upgrade the version of software you're running, you need 2.043 and you'll be set.
How do I get this version of the software you speak of and get it into my MyGig ?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:49 AM
JK Super Freak

This is the site that has the updates for MyGig. They also have the Gracenotes updates as well.
http://mofv.com/mygig/
Old 02-24-2010, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

SaharaBlackNo1 thank you for all the assistance with this, here is a small problem with me I am not that savy with the computer with burning cd/dvd's. Would you know if anyone has a copy of this cd/dvd or can make a copy of this cd/dvd for me ? I will gladly even reimburse you or anyone for the expense of the cd/dvd shipping or even send what they need to do so.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Let me check, I may still have it laying around here. I'll look this evening and see. If so, I'll PM you in the morning and you can hit me with your address and I'll drop it in the mail. I'm in MD, so you should have it by Saturday. Maybe you'll get lucky though and someone else from the NY area will have one, I'd bet that would get there by Friday. Once you have the disc all you have to do is put it in and follow the prompts onscreen. Very simple and doesn't take too long.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I am very proud of myself that after burning a half a dozen cd's and finding out that they are not rewritable, I have suceeded in updating my software. Thank you very much for your help. You don't have to send me the disc thank you.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that I have read so much about the Mygig, I want one.....
Old 02-24-2010, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

What is gracenotes by the way ? Should I update this ? Or how do I find out what version I have ?
Old 02-25-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you for your aasistance, and should anyone need the new version RER_2.043 for the RER MyGig let me know and I will just forward it to ya.

Quick Reply: MyGig phonebook help