Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig Problems

Old 05-12-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGig Problems

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as I am with the MyGig?

When i start the Jeep up sometimes the MyGig just stays blank for 30 seconds and then it starts up and I can't play anything from the Hard Drive for awhile.

Anybody else having this problem and if so....is there a fix?

Thanx
Old 05-12-2008, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

X2, except it does not always start up....

I have the Lockpick w/ version 9.713. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 05-12-2008, 08:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I had that issue but I put Update 9.715 in and haven't had it happen since I updated. The only way I could get mine to play again was to remove the Mygig Fuse and then replace it and then it would come back.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default same same

i was having the same problemeaux till i upgraded to .715. I also loaded the March 08 version of Gracenotes BUT after i loaded both and did a restart, i found out that all the music in my HDD was gone. Had 512 songs on it. HOWEVER, after reloading the music, the Gig is working fine. i really don't know if it was .715 or gracenotes that X'd my music.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks! I just burned .715. Hopefully that will do the trick.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mowabb
Thanks! I just burned .715. Hopefully that will do the trick.
Sounds like your HD might have been on it's way out.
713 prevents it from getting worse, but if it was already slightly messed up, it won't fix it. 715 will (and the weird 799 patch) fix it, but it has the chance of erasing your music. (basically it formats the hd and fixes the MBR on the HD as near as I can tell. I'll find out more specifics this weekend.)
Old 05-17-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I installed .715 and it corrected the startup problem for a few days. Now it is back. About half the time the MyGig does not start. Sometimes it will start after driving a for a few minutes. Any other ideas for a fix?
Old 05-18-2008, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mowabb
Well, I installed .715 and it corrected the startup problem for a few days. Now it is back. About half the time the MyGig does not start. Sometimes it will start after driving a for a few minutes. Any other ideas for a fix?
I have found that in either 9.713 or 9.715 the playback from HDD seems to take a LOT longer to start up. Almost 30 seconds (but feels like 5 minutes). This delay seem rather long considering that to start a track from scratch (after say listening to SAT) only take 2 or 3 seconds. Somethign definately 'feels' different. But never experienced the screen being blank during this time - just doesn't display track info on LHS (or play).
Old 05-18-2008, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amr42
I have found that in either 9.713 or 9.715 the playback from HDD seems to take a LOT longer to start up. Almost 30 seconds (but feels like 5 minutes). This delay seem rather long considering that to start a track from scratch (after say listening to SAT) only take 2 or 3 seconds. Somethign definately 'feels' different. But never experienced the screen being blank during this time - just doesn't display track info on LHS (or play).
I've experienced the same delay ... but yesterday I also had the total mute, continued for 20 minutes, didn't go away until next time I started the vehicle
Old 05-18-2008, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Default Fix the Gig

I am on my second MyGig unit and the third is on order. Every so often, mine starts up fine, but has no audio at all. If the Jeep sits off for awhile or I pull and re-seat the fuse, it works fine.

Soooo not worth the $1200

Quick Reply: MyGig Problems