Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGIG screen not responsive

Old 04-07-2017, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGIG screen not responsive

I accidentally used calibrate screen in Mygig and the screen does not respond to any touch now. All soft buttons are not working. Does anyone know how to get back in calibrating the screen? I can still go into engineering menu but could not select anything from there or use Calibrating screen.
The os version is 1.022 if I remember it correctly
Old 04-08-2017, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Call your local dealer is all I can think of.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know this may sound silly but have you tried disconnecting your battery for about 5 minutes and then reconnecting? When I had my 08 jk mine bricked once and the dealership said there was nothing they could do, I asked them about disconnecting the battery as I had read from another member they did it and it worked they not only laughed but would not try. When I got home I disconnected left for about 5 minutes reconnected and guess what it was back. Some have had to leave overnight like that and it worked - worth a try.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also search in this thread " Engineering menu " also says something like = disaster it gives a way to get back to calibration by using seek and up and down. Need to be careful when getting into this . If you are under warranty should take to dealer if not well no lose. But I def would try battery disconnect first

Quick Reply: MyGIG screen not responsive