Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mygig stopped working

Old 10-09-2010, 05:22 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig stopped working

Don't you love it how when we do a mod and shortly after something unrelated goes wrong and it just makes you think

I installed my Daystar dash cover Thursday afternoon. Didn't use the Jeep for more than 5 minutes after that. Friday morning I hop in to head for work and the Mygig is dead. Well not completely, the screen is black but I can hear the disc drive or maybe the hard drive making that scratching sound like when it's trying to read information. I start playing with all the buttons and then noticed that if I hold the menu or eject button long enough, the uconnect logo comes on for a second or two and all the buttons light up and then the screen goes black again but the buttons stay illuminated. I finished my day at work hoping that the gremlins worked themselves silly and decided to move on to some other Jeep but nope, radio was still dead. I didn't have any tools to pull the battery cable so instead pulled the fuse for a minute or so and all is good now and it boots up and runs fine. Only two things that I've done recently was the Daystar panel couple days ago and the recent software upgrade ~a month ago. Anyone else?
Old 10-09-2010, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you didn't see anything immediately, there's a good chance it's just coincidence and not related. Stuff breaks all the time without help from us.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was a issue with a older version of the MyGig software and has been fixed..

You can resolve the issue by installing the software update posted below.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-REW-REP-2.302

Quick Reply: Mygig stopped working