Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mysterious Flashing Headlights

Old 07-14-2017, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mysterious Flashing Headlights

Has anyone ever encountered having the headlights on their 08' JK turn on and off over and over again? The headlights come on for a bout a minute time and then shutting off on their own for several minutes. Each cycle is consistent. I initially thought my son was messing with me. I checked, the lights were turned off and the keys are out of the ignition. (in my hand) And no, the Jeeps name is Old Yeller, not Christine.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mystery

Just got a 2007 Rubicon , it started with the lights yesterday. hazards blink twice and the headlights stay on for a bit. same sequence as when you unlock the Jeep with the keyless entry. after closer inspection the jeep is unlocking itself hence the lights. I'm going to try to replace the key fob. Have you had any luck with your issue ?
Old 11-18-2017, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most electrical gremlins are either the sign of the battery failing, or, you may need to disconnect the battery for a few minutes.

Bob
Old 11-18-2017, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My headlights were flashing on and off at random intervals some times it was one some times both sometimes the were fine or didn’t work at all. Turned out to be tipm.

Quick Reply: Mysterious Flashing Headlights