Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Need Help - No Volume Control

Old 03-15-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help - No Volume Control

Alright,

So this weekend I decided to upgrade my stereo in my 07. All the speakers, sub and amp have all been replaced; however I decided to stay with the factory radio. This decision seems to be the root of my problem.

I now have no fade, balance, low, mid and high settings. Also my volume is either all or none. I have no volume at setting 0 and on setting 1 or higher it’s at max volume.

It appears that the amp controls the volume and other sound controls from the radio since it uses a bus communication. I don’t want to tap after the factory amp since that could fry or cause other issues with my other amp.

So my question is how can I fix this without getting a new radio?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Leash
So my question is how can I fix this without getting a new radio?
Short Answer: Put all the stock stuff back in.

The stock H/U only sends 2 audio channels to the amp. The amp then splits it front and rear and handles all of the balance and fade under command from the CANBus.

Bite the bullet. In for a penny; In for a million dollars. Get a new H/U.

Quick Reply: Need Help - No Volume Control