Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Need help with wiring of the rear number plate lamp

Old 06-05-2009, 02:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with wiring of the rear number plate lamp

Can someone give me details on how to wire the rear number/licence plate lamp. I have the licence plate bracket but not sure where i need to look for the wiring harness. Over here in Australia they put it below the tire on the rear bumper which look crap. want the US style one, any pics help would be great thanks im not real good with wiring etc
Old 06-05-2009, 03:02 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

on the US versions the wires plug into the harness behind the driver's tail light, pop the two screws out that hold it in and see what you have back there.

I'm going to guess you would need to either splice in there, or simply build up some type of extension from the existing connectors at the bumper's center.

Check the Cooltech CB antenna mount threads for some pics (this bracket mounts inside the LP bracket, it might show something)

from thread CB Antenna Mount for JK Installed

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 06-05-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HappyCurmudgeon you have done well with the pics etc ill have a look over the long weekend and let you know what i have etc and see how i go.

Quick Reply: Need help with wiring of the rear number plate lamp