Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Need Light Wiring Guidance/Directions

Old 05-21-2008, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Light Wiring Guidance/Directions

I'm installing 2 Hella 4000 Rallye Lights in between the bullbar of my Mopar front bumper. Now the directions suck - they just show the possible locations of where to mount the lights and then they show all this other junk that I don't understand because the directions show it with the diagram of a regular vehicle and not a Jeep.

So with the wiring, how do I run the wires of the lights, and what do I connect the wires to in order to get my new rallye lights working?

Any help, comments and advice and further information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just wanted to add that I'm trying to install the wiring so when I pull the flood/fog light on my light switch, they'll turn on.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:48 PM
JK Freak

Did they come with a relay and a switch? Power to the relay, then to the lights, but also a wire to the switch, and back, and ground. Get the power from the battery, or big post in the fuse box. This is really confusing, somebody help.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

it should come with 3 wires, ground, battery & remote

Ok, if this came with a switch and you want to use it. Ground wire should be mounted on body, battery wire and remote wire to the battery.

If you have an existing switch for a fog light (example) and you want these lights to turn on with you're turning on the fog lights. Ground wire mounted on body, battery wire to the battery & remote wire spliced to the positive wire of fog lights.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-22-2008, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

I would like to add try to find the wire out of the steering column instead ( before the fog relay ) of off the fogs them selfs ( after fog realy )

Quick Reply: Need Light Wiring Guidance/Directions