Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

need some advice on lighting

Old 12-11-2008, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some advice on lighting

Hey guys, Just got a new front bumper and it now supports fog lights (my x had no fog lights) Should I just go for the OEM fogs, or is there something better for the money(or a little more). I kind of like the look of really bright fogs.

Secondly, I am looking into getting some aux lights to mount on my windshield corners. there are so many options I can't see past all the sale pitches. I am looking for a set up that are mainly for long range, wide radius. I hit the trails at night a lot with my friends. I also get those snows here in PA that can sometimes be pretty think. I want to be the light at the end of the tunnel
Again of am trying to be as cost effective as possible.

thanks !
Old 12-11-2008, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

I just got the long range KC slimlights with the windshield brackets from quadratec. Installation was fairly simple. If you search around the forums you will find some pretty good pictures with instructions. The lights work great (especially when someone cuts you off or when those high school kids are standing in the middle of the street)
Old 12-11-2008, 03:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bizeball
Hey guys, Just got a new front bumper and it now supports fog lights (my x had no fog lights) Should I just go for the OEM fogs, or is there something better for the money(or a little more). I kind of like the look of really bright fogs.

Secondly, I am looking into getting some aux lights to mount on my windshield corners. there are so many options I can't see past all the sale pitches. I am looking for a set up that are mainly for long range, wide radius. I hit the trails at night a lot with my friends. I also get those snows here in PA that can sometimes be pretty think. I want to be the light at the end of the tunnel
Again of am trying to be as cost effective as possible.

thanks !
I could be wrong on this, but I remember reading somewhere that the computer really doesn't like after market fog lights. Of course you could just wire it in outside of the system.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

I recently mounted a pair of IPF 968s on my front bumper. They also included a pair of 100W bulbs. It made a huge difference for traveling the back country at night. The only thing I didn't like was the cheesy switch that came with their wiring harness. I used the factory fog light switch instead.

Chris.

Quick Reply: need some advice on lighting