Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Need some quick help-adapter for 4 pin trailer harness on jeep to 7 pin RV style

Old 10-30-2010, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some quick help-adapter for 4 pin trailer harness on jeep to 7 pin RV style

Just went to wally world and picked up a 4 pin to 7 rv pin adapter.

Looks like this:

http://www.trailerdepotofsarasota.co...adapter-p-1245

I am using a friends trailer for all of 4 hours to haul something from the store to my house. The directions for this thing are plain shitty. Can I just plug and play....or WTF do I do with these other wires???? He has a very simple one axle trailer which isnt even equipped with an electronic brake. I just want to make sure that if I just plug this adapter into my jeep and the other end into his trailer I'm not going to damage something. I really do not want to mount this bracket onto my jeep either, can I just let it hand and make sure it doesnt hit the ground?

Thanks in advance as always.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which entity has the 7 pin harness and which has the four pin?

Answer would look like this:
Jeep = x pins
Trailer = y pins
Old 10-30-2010, 06:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If all you want is to have the normal lights and such then you are good to go with no need to hook up the other wires.

Quick Reply: Need some quick help-adapter for 4 pin trailer harness on jeep to 7 pin RV style