JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP v2.403 (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/new-mygig-software-update-rer-rew-rep-v2-403-a-226772/)

whpony96 04-08-2012 07:41 AM

New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP v2.404

The official MyGig update RER 2.404 available for download. I have verified it burns fine and with Nero Media Suite 11 or Express Burn Disc Burning Software by NCH. You can burn this to a DVD or a CD! (Please do not use the standard burning software that came with your operating system. Very rarely will you get a successful burn.)

I have installed and verified operation with the Lockpick installed.

If your HDD has failed and you need a new HDD or you want to create a new HDD by an image I highly recommend this site for your MyGig needs... http://mygig-disk.com

1. The .iso files are here ----->http://mygig-disk.com/mygig-updates/...-REW.2.404.iso
http://mygig-disk.com/mygig-updates/...-REW.9.807.iso
http://mygig-disk.com/mygig-updates/RER-REW.9.713.iso

2. Or you can receive a free disc from Chrysler here: (Takes 4 to 8 weeks to receive)
https://qna.extra.chrysler.com/rhb/r...dateRequest.do

Once the disc is burned.......

Do not attempt to install WITHOUT THE MOTOR RUNNING! If the MyGig looses power at anytime during the install you can forget about the MyGig ever working again!

It is VERY IMPORTANT to read the following instructions before you attempt to install. Failure to read could turn your pretty MyGig into a expensive brick mounted in your dash!

What ever you do do NOT remove the disc till the MyGig asks you to install the software a second time! This is the equivalent of the "Your installation is complete" window. Then you simply click "NO" then you can eject the disc.

MyGig versions in the order of release from newest to oldest

Here a list of all the fixes...

2.404 RER\REW No info found on the update changes.

2.403 RER/REW
TA (Traffic Announcements) bug fix...and uconnect phone list update

2.402 RER/REW released July 2010
I-Phone Bluetooth compatibility fix (You must be running Apple version 4.2.1 or newer on your device as well... )

2.401 RER/REW/REP:
Intermittent no sound from audio system when using remote start
Radio lock up when using U-Connect
Repeated "acquiring signal" message when in satellite radio mode

2.302 RER/REW released July 2010
Updated all logo graphics and use VEH_BRAND and special package for MY11 and
beyond

2.107 RER/REW released May 2010
Bug fix for Genre being reported as numerical value
Bug fix for flashes in the cluster after a HDD next track operation
Bug fix for GPS time lockup
Added support for new vehicle message matrix 911
Fully implement audio EQ 11.0

2.043/2.045 RER/REW/REP released October 2009
Added minimize button to hide/show all buttons on the map
Implemented PDO release for Nav OPTIONS, both in motion and in static
Change of all sub screens after HDD AVAILABLE CATERGORIES to read “EXIT”
instead of “CANCEL”
Added Pause/Play button to HDD and Disc per PDO Release
Diesel Gasoline POI category
Pop up to notify user that X tracks were successfully copied out of Y tracks
POI redesign
New Startup logo and associated changes for “Sterling” vehicle type (DA).
Added support for Fuel Saver Mode in the HS HEV (new signal
FUEL_SA_MD_ACT in CAN VMM820b). Continue to use CYL_DEACT for LS.
Several bug fixes for POI listing – alphabetical ordering, favorites and nearby POI
searches
Bug fix for phone call VR barge in failure
Bug fix for incorrect volume after call
Bug fix for no clock option for +9.5 and +10.5 time zones
Bug fix for blue screen while scrolling in construction area
Fix for navigation volume during a phone call
Fix for disc lock up when trying to add picture from disc
Bug fix for audio blip when seeking in FM mode
Fix for Nav Main Menu missing SK
Bug fix for blue squares displayed on map
Bug fix for GPS information not populating

1.220 RER/REW/REP released January 2009
Several Bluetooth bug fixes for Blackberry 8700, V3m RAZR and LG VX8550.
iPod charging bug fix that does not require iPod to disconnect.
Voice Recognition of “HOME” was missing and fixed
Eject disc during power off bug fix
Navigation Data Base for MY07 radio updates with RS6 or earlier bug fix
Several bug fixes after Nav Data Base update, touch screen lock up & POI by City
Several UConnect bug fixes – Radio does not exit UConnect after call transfer, no
ring on incoming phone call, Phonebook list is empty, HMI frozen and could not
access UConnect.
Bug fix for Speech Dialog System lock-up.
Several Navigation/Map issues – Trail not showing on map, adding stop over while
in motion, reset caused by detour and avoid turn.
Bug fix for MEMO record
Fixed Dealer button on Emergency Screen
Speed and Flow information incorrect
Bug fix on radio reset during copy of large mp3 file from disc.
Black map after software update fixed

9.807 RER/REW/REP Software update disc (same as 1.055 software in Model Year 2009 radios)
New UConnect Functionality – support of Phone Book Download from compatible
Bluetooth Hands Free Phones. A paired phone will automatically download phone
numbers to the MyGIG address book. Radio provides Voice Recognition to all names
in this download. User can manually store individual names to the permanent address
book.
Added more Bluetooth Compatible phones (many new phones including Motorola Q)
Human Machine Interface (HMI) improvements
Added Alpha jump to HDD lists (select first letter in a list instead of
scrolling through list)
Moved JB (Juke Box) tab to FAVORITES under HDD
New progress icon for downloading music
Changed some POI icons on the map (removed yellow background)
Added phone book download status icon under UConnect screen.
Improved reliability of downloading Maps, Gracenote and application updates
Major Bug fixes
Fixed all audio mutes (missing audio) on Start Up.
Increased the number of Sirius Traffic messages and speed/flow
Note, iPod support is only available today through Model Year 2009 radios via a
serial port out the back of the radio. It is not currently an upgrade for Model Year
2007 and 2008 radios.

9.713 MY08V2.2 RER/REW/REP released March 2008 mailed to all dealers and users
Enable Wrangler microphone for UConnect and Voice Recognition
HDD firmware update to prevent Master Cylinder HDD corruption
Able to play imported compressed music from same album in order of the track
number
Navigation data base improved update software
SAT preset to new defaults
No change to Navigation or Gracenote data base
Note – Mopar Part Number 1-CDL1H111

9.665 MY08V2.1 RER/REW/REP released January 2008 only in for new production units
Graphics Accelerator for faster 3D map
Overlay Sirius speed and flow on Map in three colors, RED, YELLOW & GREEN
Update of UConnect bluetooth drivers for Verizon phones (i.e. Motorola V3)
Faster POI lookup
Improved Software update process using CRC error check

9.561 MY08V2.0 RER/REW/REP released October 2007
5 second timer on Accept Screen (aka Nag Screen)
iPhone Uconnect support added
Saves the Nav Prompt volume to 0 over an IGN cycle
Fixes loss of SAT presets

9.556 MY08V1 RER/REW/REP (North America, Europe, Middle East, South Africa, Australia)
released July 2007
Bug fix radios stuck in Spanish or French (Wrangler)
Bug fix radios stuck in Demo mode

9.041 MY07 RER (North America) launched in March 2007
Launched on Nitro, Wrangler and Sebring (Avenger)
Navigation Data Base 1Q06 (March 2006)
Gracenote August 2006

8.044 MY07 REW (Europe) launched in December 2006
UConnect & Voice Recognition Disabled
Navigation Data Base 1Q06 (March 2006)
Gracenote August 2006

whpony96 04-08-2012 08:16 AM

I don't have a MAC but these are the instructions I received from a fellow member of JK forum.

For MAC's only!

Make sure to rename the disk to whatever the update is!!

when I downloaded the files whpony96 provided.. one of them was missing the version number. it needs to be like this for the System update =
RER_2.403
and this for the Gracenote update=
Gracenote

so again to recap

To update the navigation operating system you will need to download this file
http://www.mydrive.ch/
username: mygig@soxag
password: gasolio

go to software updates - gracenotes update and\or RER 2.403 Update

1- Unzip it
2- you will see a folder. make sure that the folder title is RER_2.403 and that there are 2 files and 1 folder inside that "RER_2.403" folder.
3- Insert a CD
4- (Mac users only!) right click the RER_2.403 folder
5- you will see Burn "RER_2.403" to a disk. click it
6- double check the CD name. again make sure it's RER_2.403 or it will not run on your nav.
7- select the slowest speed to burn.
8- wait for it to finish.
9- start your Jeep and wait for the Mygig to load.
10- insert CD
11- wait for the screen to load. then select update.
12- DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING! DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR JEEP! let it install and then once it's done it will restart.
13- Mygig will bring you back to that same screen you were prompt in step 11. at that point you can eject the CD and shut off your Jeep

same case with the Gracenotes

if you are updating your maps (you have to pay $150 for this)

it will take an hour and also keep the Jeep running or attach a battery charger.

Tigerfox 04-12-2012 05:42 PM

HDD Will not work

Thank you for your update help. I was able to burn the 3 updates and they loaded into the mygig with no problems. I am now running 4.203. Unfortunately, I am still having problems with loading music into the HDD. I tried to delete the HDD to clear it and start over, but the message "Deleting Please Wait" comes up and stays there for far too long. The HDD shows no songs or playlists, but if you check the HDD status it shows 1.5 GB used. When I put a CD into the CD slot, it plays it but does not have a soft key for Copy Disc; it I go to My Files, Import from CD, nothing happens. Do you have any suggestions? This HDD feature was working at the old version (5.671) before I updated.

Thanks for your insight.

00 Aggie 04-12-2012 06:09 PM

Is the link still working?

whpony96 04-13-2012 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by 00 Aggie (Post 2958073)
Is the link still working?

Link Fixed. Thanks for letting me know...:thumbsup:

whpony96 04-13-2012 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tigerfox (Post 2958016)
Thank you for your update help. I was able to burn the 3 updates and they loaded into the mygig with no problems. I am now running 4.203. Unfortunately, I am still having problems with loading music into the HDD. I tried to delete the HDD to clear it and start over, but the message "Deleting Please Wait" comes up and stays there for far too long. The HDD shows no songs or playlists, but if you check the HDD status it shows 1.5 GB used. When I put a CD into the CD slot, it plays it but does not have a soft key for Copy Disc; it I go to My Files, Import from CD, nothing happens. Do you have any suggestions? This HDD feature was working at the old version (5.671) before I updated.

Thanks for your insight.

OK as far as I know there is no such version as 5.671. That's OK since there is no way to find out now what version you originally had on your MyGig. So I have a couple questions for you.

1.Does you Mygig say "RER" under the USB port on the right hand side?

2. When installing the updates did you just install the updates one right after the other without cycling the CanBus on the Jeep? (This means that once you finished each install and you see the screen that says "Would you like to update from 2.403 to 2.403" and then eject the CD, did you shut the JK off for 10 minutes get out and then get back in and start the next install.) IF you did not reset the CanBus between each install you will need to start over with the installs. This is VERY IMPORTANT that you reset the CanBus after each update.

Tigerfox 04-13-2012 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by whpony96 (Post 2958764)
OK as far as I know there is no such version as 5.671. That's OK since there is no way to find out now what version you originally had on your MyGig. So I have a couple questions for you.

1.Does you Mygig say "RER" under the USB port on the right hand side?

2. When installing the updates did you just install the updates one right after the other without cycling the CanBus on the Jeep? (This means that once you finished each install and you see the screen that says "Would you like to update from 2.403 to 2.403" and then eject the CD, did you shut the JK off for 10 minutes get out and then get back in and start the next install.) IF you did not reset the CanBus between each install you will need to start over with the installs. This is VERY IMPORTANT that you reset the CanBus after each update.

Sorry, the version was 9.651 originally and the HDD worked. I did reset the CanBus each time. I turned off the car and left it alone to rest for about 20-30 minutes between each update. All of the updates worked perfectly and I waited each time for a restart and the screen would say "Do you want to update from 2.402 to 2.402" and I would press "No", eject, and shut down the jeep for 20-30 minutes. The MyGig has RER under the USB port.

whpony96 04-13-2012 05:19 PM

OK you had the original software on the MyGig from when it was first released. Upon updating it if you did have A LOT of music on the harddrive (HDD) it can take hours for the OS to update all the music on the HDD to the new format. (The older version of OS there was a bug in the OS that caused the HDD to actually corrupt itself and turn the MyGig into a brick) Once you installed the update the OS started rewriting all the Data on the HDD to the new format. This can take hours if there is a lot of songs on the HDD. This is why it said there was songs taking up space on the HDD but it did not list them when you went into the playlist.

How long have you let the MyGig run since you have updated it?

Tigerfox 04-13-2012 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by whpony96 (Post 2959864)
OK you had the original software on the MyGig from when it was first released. Upon updating it if you did have A LOT of music on the harddrive (HDD) it can take hours for the OS to update all the music on the HDD to the new format. (The older version of OS there was a bug in the OS that caused the HDD to actually corrupt itself and turn the MyGig into a brick) Once you installed the update the OS started rewriting all the Data on the HDD to the new format. This can take hours if there is a lot of songs on the HDD. This is why it said there was songs taking up space on the HDD but it did not list them when you went into the playlist.

How long have you let the MyGig run since you have updated it?

It has probably been 6-7 hours of drive time total since the last update. I had about 1.5 GB of songs loaded. I haven't checked the HDD since the night that I updated. I'll check it now.

Tigerfox 04-13-2012 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tigerfox (Post 2959888)
It has probably been 6-7 hours of drive time total since the last update. I had about 1.5 GB of songs loaded. I haven't checked the HDD since the night that I updated. I'll check it now.

It's all there!!! I had no idea that it would take that long to recognize the music. Thank you very much for your help. All is well in my Jeep world!

00 Aggie 04-14-2012 09:00 AM

I currently have 2.401 do I need to load 2.402 prior to this one?

whpony96 04-14-2012 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by 00 Aggie (Post 2960684)
I currently have 2.401 do I need to load 2.402 prior to this one?

Nope you can go directly to 2.403

whpony96 04-14-2012 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tigerfox (Post 2959909)
It's all there!!! I had no idea that it would take that long to recognize the music. Thank you very much for your help. All is well in my Jeep world!

Your Welcome!

That situation only happens when up upgrade from any version older than 9.713.

Robsmst 04-14-2012 09:49 AM

What's TA bug fixes?

Do I need this update? Everything seems to work fine right now.

MichaelLAX 04-14-2012 10:54 AM

I own a 2008 Chrysler Sebring hardtop convertible with MyGig and a google search brought me here (if anyone knows of a Chrysler forum link that is as detailed as this one about MyGig, please let me know).

Yesterday I brought my car in to the Chrysler dealer for the 30,000 mile service.

I asked about a radio update to fix intermittent and rare problems I have encountered (no sound on startup for anything, Jukebox memory disappears but music still on HDD, etc).

I also offered to pay the $149 for the map/nav update.

During service, I was called by my service rep indicating that the Map upgrade requires a radio upgrade and that the radio upgrade has a risk of DELETING the HDD functionality completely and did I want to continue.

Of course, I told them NOT to perform any service to the radio.

Does anyone have any information about this?

I am of course interested in radio upgrade and map upgrade, and I am willing to pay for it, but with no loss of functionality. I am in Los Angeles.

I have a Mac.

Thanks!

whpony96 04-14-2012 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by MichaelLAX (Post 2960801)
I own a 2008 Chrysler Sebring hardtop convertible with MyGig and a google search brought me here (if anyone knows of a Chrysler forum link that is as detailed as this one about MyGig, please let me know).

Yesterday I brought my car in to the Chrysler dealer for the 30,000 mile service.

I asked about a radio update to fix intermittent and rare problems I have encountered (no sound on startup for anything, Jukebox memory disappears but music still on HDD, etc).

I also offered to pay the $149 for the map/nav update.

During service, I was called by my service rep indicating that the Map upgrade requires a radio upgrade and that the radio upgrade has a risk of DELETING the HDD functionality completely and did I want to continue.

Of course, I told them NOT to perform any service to the radio.

Does anyone have any information about this?

I am of course interested in radio upgrade and map upgrade, and I am willing to pay for it, but with no loss of functionality. I am in Los Angeles.

I have a Mac.

Thanks!

All the RER MyGig's are the same regardless what vehicle they are in. As long as the MyGig says RER under the USB port on the front you can perform this update.

Do you know what is the current version of the OS you have installed in the MyGig?

whpony96 04-14-2012 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Robsmst (Post 2960739)
What's TA bug fixes?

Do I need this update? Everything seems to work fine right now.

They are just general bug fixes. Usually something minor that just needed corrected. If I knew what it exactly it fixed I would post it but that the info I received.

MichaelLAX 04-14-2012 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by whpony96 (Post 2960828)
All the RER MyGig's are the same regardless what vehicle they are in. As long as the MyGig says RER under the USB port on the front you can perform this update.

Do you know what is the current version of the OS you have installed in the MyGig?

I'll check for the current version; where do I look for it?

whpony96 04-14-2012 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by MichaelLAX (Post 2960834)
I'll check for the current version; where do I look for it?

Press the Menu button on the right side of the radio.
Press the System Setup on screen button.
Press the System Information on screen button.

Robsmst 04-14-2012 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by whpony96
They are just general bug fixes. Usually something minor that just needed corrected. If I knew what it exactly it fixed I would post it but that the info I received.

K thx. May wait a bit to see how it works out.

JK08MCS 04-22-2012 06:10 PM

Not sure

Not sure if this would help me out. The MyGIG don't play any of my DVD's or CD's sense I've tried to play a bootleg CD my brother in law gave me for my wife to listen to on the trip to Canada a couple years back. You think it would be unwise to try?

PS: Everything else works great and don't want to lose what I have left

Jollydodger 05-03-2012 07:18 PM

How do you suppose you are going to update the firmware with a cd if it isn't reading cds? Sounds like the eye is not working.

whpony96 05-04-2012 10:29 AM

OK you can tackle this 2 ways one you can open the MyGig and manually clean out the unit or you can insert a cd rom cleaning disk. (The cd rom cleaning disk has soft brushes attached to it and it will gently clean off the laser lens...)

JK08MCS 05-06-2012 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by whpony96 (Post 2996781)
OK you can tackle this 2 ways one you can open the MyGig and manually clean out the unit or you can insert a cd rom cleaning disk. (The cd rom cleaning disk has soft brushes attached to it and it will gently clean off the laser lens...)

Seems like I'm dropping the ball on this, sorry. Thank you Jollydodger and whpony96 I'll try this today and get back to you on the outcome. Told my wife no more home burned CD this morning and "here" I am wanting to upgrade with a CD i'll burn. :crazyeyes:

sdr0303 05-08-2012 08:47 AM

The link to the RAW files is not working. Anyone know where else these can be downloaded?

whpony96 05-08-2012 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by sdr0303 (Post 3003180)
The link to the RAW files is not working. Anyone know where else these can be downloaded?

Fixed!

You can now download the raw files or a .iso

sdr0303 05-08-2012 09:15 AM

Great thanks!

Russ 05-10-2012 02:57 AM

MYGIG, Uconnect, Blackberry Curve 9360

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Media Center RHB 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth

Info from unit.
Application 33.01.19
Application CPU 122611
SIRIUS 1A.00.1E.14
Gracenotes D9F
Hardware
SN T00AM0822T0633
System 0207bbbb

No problem pairing the Blackberry Curve 9360 running OS7. However, phone book will not download and sync. Also, text feature does not work. Blackberry issue? Uconnect issue? Not sure where to go to request help from the manufacturers of these devices..

Anyone else have similar issues? What did you do to fix it?

Thanks,
Russ

whpony96 05-10-2012 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 3006633)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Media Center RHB 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth

Info from unit.
Application 33.01.19
Application CPU 122611
SIRIUS 1A.00.1E.14
Gracenotes D9F
Hardware
SN T00AM0822T0633
System 0207bbbb

No problem pairing the Blackberry Curve 9360 running OS7. However, phone book will not download and sync. Also, text feature does not work. Blackberry issue? Uconnect issue? Not sure where to go to request help from the manufacturers of these devices..

Anyone else have similar issues? What did you do to fix it?

Thanks,
Russ

What 3 letters are located in the lower right hand corner of the frame around the mygig face of the radio? RHR, RHB,..ect.....

redleg13fa 05-10-2012 08:02 AM

Well had the problem with my bluetooth dropping on and off as well as not being able to connect mp3 to the usb port in center console. Dealership ran test and and it failed. Had the software upgrade to. So now dealership is ordering new radio replacement. (Mygig430) is the radio. 2011 j/k ru. Problem solved.

whpony96 05-10-2012 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by redleg13fa (Post 3007017)
Well had the problem with my bluetooth dropping on and off as well as not being able to connect mp3 to the usb port in center console. Dealership ran test and and it failed. Had the software upgrade to. So now dealership is ordering new radio replacement. (Mygig430) is the radio. 2011 j/k ru. Problem solved.

The MyGig you have is not a Harman Becker MyGig it's a Mitsubishi MyGig. Thats why they had to replace it. Mitsubishi is not as good as releasing software updates for their Mygig units as Harman Becker.

redleg13fa 05-10-2012 01:17 PM

Well update on my radio replacement. Now they're saying its the usb cable between the center console and the stereo. Umm yea whatever. Well I'm gonna let them replace the whole console and then they'll end up ordering a new radio anyways. Cause I know the center console is not the prob.

TNGatorBrad 05-15-2012 11:01 PM

OMG. I am a mygig idiot and will receive my HU tommorow. I hope I don't royally screw this up.

whpony96 05-16-2012 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by TNGatorBrad (Post 3017018)
OMG. I am a mygig idiot and will receive my HU tommorow. I hope I don't royally screw this up.

It's not hard. The MyGig is just a picky unit and as long as you read and follow the instructions on burning the disc and loading the software you will be fine..

Before you start make sure the model number in the lower RH corner of the face of the MyGig matches this update. Ex. RER, REW or REP. This will not work on any other models of the MyGig.

MichaelLAX 05-18-2012 01:22 PM

Media Center 730N (RER) iPhone 4 compatibility Upgrade received v2.402

This came in the mail today.

I have never upgraded my 2008 (Chrysler Sebring HT Convertible, purchased in 2009).

Will this update bring me all the way up to date, or do I still need other updates?

Thanks!

whpony96 05-18-2012 03:48 PM

v2.403 is the newest version. They sent you v2.402 to get rid of all their stock they have on hand.

The other update is Gracenotes and it can be found here.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...52#post2949752

MichaelLAX 05-18-2012 03:49 PM

But they sent this for free. Does 2.403 cost at the dealer? Is there much of a difference?

whpony96 05-18-2012 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by MichaelLAX (Post 3022272)
But they sent this for free. Does 2.403 cost at the dealer? Is there much of a difference?

I doubt the dealer even has 2.403 in their hands yet. Dealerships are usually pretty far behind when it comes to these software updates.

Updates always fix something or make the unit function faster. It's up to you to make a decision if you want to have the latest updates. I just try my best to make these available for JK-Forum members.

MichaelLAX 05-18-2012 04:00 PM

Your efforts are completely appreciated.

I have not yet attempted to upgrade this system, since my purchase of the vehicle the week Chrysler filed for bankruptcy (I was circling my wagons for four months waiting to pounce and get a great deal!).

I took her in for the 30,000 mile checkup (costly bugger!) and I offered to pay the $149 for the upgrade to the Nav (after reminding them that the price had been reduced from $199).

They called me later to say that there is a bug in the upgrade and it risks looking the hard disk function completely! I told them not to do any upgrade and posted here earlier.

Now with this free CD upgrade and no warning, I am ready to DIY, save the $149 and if I lose the hard disk function: I'll be all over them like ... [well you know!]

So, I'll pop the 2.042 in later this weekend... :)

PS: Gracenotes is not much of a big deal for me. I usually rip my content on my Macintosh and then flash stick it over complete with metadata...

whpony96 05-18-2012 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by MichaelLAX (Post 3022298)
Your efforts are completely appreciated.

I have not yet attempted to upgrade this system, since my purchase of the vehicle the week Chrysler filed for bankruptcy (I was circling my wagons for four months waiting to pounce and get a great deal!).

I took her in for the 30,000 mile checkup (costly bugger!) and I offered to pay the $149 for the upgrade to the Nav (after reminding them that the price had been reduced from $199).

They called me later to say that there is a bug in the upgrade and it risks looking the hard disk function completely! I told them not to do any upgrade and posted here earlier.

Now with this free CD upgrade and no warning, I am ready to DIY, save the $149 and if I lose the hard disk function: I'll be all over them like ... [well you know!]

So, I'll pop the 2.042 in later this weekend... :)

PS: Gracenotes is not much of a big deal for me. I usually rip my content on my Macintosh and then flash stick it over complete with metadata...

OK they confused you a little bit. There are three separate updates that can be performed on the MyGig

1. The OS upgrade 2.403 is always totally free.
2. The Gracenotes upgrade is always totally free.
3. The navigation map upgrade is always "pay for" it used to be $199 its now $149 but to have the latest map updates you must update the OS to the newest version. (This is why NAVTEQ always sends the latest OS update along with the NAV update when you purchase from them at their site.)

Now if you have never updated the OS on the MyGig I HIGHLY suggest that you do. There IS a serious bug in the older version of the OS software that does cause the MyGig to corrupt its own data on the HDD and render it a useless brick.

YOU CAN NOT GO DIRECTLY TO 2.403 if you have never updated the MyGig before and it has its original OS software installed. You WILL need to update in stages.