Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New Stereo Question

Old 09-21-2009, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Stereo Question

Hey guys, long time listener, first time caller.

I have an '08 Rubi Unlimited with the Infinity REQ (?) 6 disc DVD stereo system and I'm looking to upgrade everything in stages. I'm not sure about the head unit yet, but I know which amp and sub I'm going to go with.

So these are the questions I have:

1. There are different wiring harnesses for the Infinity and nonInfinity, right?

2. If I'm going to replace the stock amp anyway do I still need the Infinity harness? My local audio place said that due to the canbus system I still needed the infinity one even without the stock amp.

3.Has anyone ordered a HU from Crutchfield and got the free install kit?
If so how well did the kit work and how good did it look when you where done.

I know I can do the install, I just want to make sure I have the right harness and don't have to double buy stuff as I do the install.

Thanks guys
Old 09-21-2009, 09:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are going to ditch the stock amp anyway then you don't need that expensive plug. I wouldn't use the ne that adapts the can-bus for 12V ign myself. if I was you, and you are replacing the amp anyway. just get a cheap plug like a 70-6522 if you want to not hack into the factory wires at all. plug that in to get your power and ground, but pull your 12V IGN from the ciggy plug. Then run RCA to your new amp. It is pointless for you to buy the $130 one that retains the factory amp.

Last edited by bigbluejk; 09-23-2009 at 06:55 AM.

Quick Reply: New Stereo Question