Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New Switches from OTRTTW ..

Old 01-23-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad news guys. Just talked to Jim over at OTRATTW today and he explained to me that the new laser etched switches are 1/16 of an inch thicker than the current standard switches he is currently selling. Since the switches are just that much thicker they add up when you try to install all four onto the Rugged Ridge "A" pillar Switch Pod and will not fit. He did say he is working on a solution but for the time being you cannot put all four of the new switches into the Rugged Ridge "A" Pillar Switch Pod .
Old 01-23-2012, 10:50 PM
JK Junkie

Call up Jim and talk with him about it, he is very knowledgeable and doesn't try to see you a product you don't need or can't use.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TXCheney
Put me down for the pillars. These look great.
Zombie
Windshield
Driving
Backup

All blue.
Blue looks super cool.....but it is super blinding at night....you may want to think about that, especially if you are going onto the A-pillar......just my .02.....these switches are awesome though.....I am putting a sport cage in my rig so I don't think the A-pillar switches will work....still looking for viable options...I do like the switches that mount above the radio, but they are kind of out there with price.....I'll find something!!!!! There is plenty out there.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MossGaBoss

Blue looks super cool.....but it is super blinding at night....you may want to think about that, especially if you are going onto the A-pillar......just my .02.....these switches are awesome though.....I am putting a sport cage in my rig so I don't think the A-pillar switches will work....still looking for viable options...I do like the switches that mount above the radio, but they are kind of out there with price.....I'll find something!!!!! There is plenty out there.
I am currently running 3 blue switches on my A pillar for lights. These will be replacing those. Edit: Zombie will turn everything on, just for fun.

Last edited by TXCheney; 01-28-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well with the Issues They have been having trying to get the new switches to fit properly in our A-Pillar pods they have looked into another supplier that carries a switch that is a little closer to our fit needs, they look very similar to the others just skinnier ... they will look way better once they put there own designs on them ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	APEM.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	271701
Old 01-29-2012, 08:21 AM
JK Junkie

I want this switches real BAD !! I trust Jim and will wait till he resolves this issue till then i will rock the older ones i have.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
I want this switches real BAD !! I trust Jim and will wait till he resolves this issue till then i will rock the older ones i have.

Yup... Same here,
Old 02-02-2012, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Now I have to get zombie lights.....
Old 02-02-2012, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same here! I cannot wait!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I orderd a few of the new swithes the other day and yes they are definitely a little wider than the old ones. The fit was a little too tight for the daystar lower dash panel, so I shaved a littel off the side of each switch on the bench top sander. Problem solved.

Quick Reply: New Switches from OTRTTW ..