Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Newcomdigi 52" 300watt LED Light Bar

Old 11-16-2013, 09:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by olsen185
This looks awesome! How is everyone wiring these up? Spod?
Most of them come with a wiring harness, +\- on batery leads to a relay to a switch and bk out to light. Different switches come with the harness as well. My rigids had a nice connector to the harness, but my ebay lightbar only came with a spliced wire no connector for the harness.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by olsen185
This looks awesome! How is everyone wiring these up? Spod?
No SPOD here. I just used the RIGID wire harness. It comes with inline fuse, relay, and a nice switch. Its exactly length so no mess and makes for a super clean install.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When looking out from inside the cab, does the bar block any of your view? Also I see some of the eBay adds they ask for your phone number. I'm hesitant to give them mine. Anyone have any experience with that? S anyone running this plus windshield lights?

Last edited by Wolf_425; 11-17-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wolf_425
When looking out from inside the cab, does the bar block any of your view? Also I see some of the eBay adds they ask for your phone number. I'm hesitant to give them mine. Anyone have any experience with that? S anyone running this plus windshield lights?
It's more than likely for international shipping reasons. When you buy anything on ebay both parties have each others info available to them so don't sweat it.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wolf_425
If you buy through the seller i did (there is only one seller for this brand bar), it is shipped from Pennsylvania. So i did not give my phone number or anything there was no need.

And while drive you can not see any part of the bar at all. You can barely see the inside edges of the mounts and thats it.

UPDATE: I took the jeep for a drive today and it was ridiculously windy, i probably shouldnt have been out driving it in this type of wind anyways. But i experienced some of the whistle from about 25mph up to around 50mph where it went away. I remembered reading about sticking some 1" pieces of 1/4" irrigation tubing in between the fins every few inches to stop the noise. I tired it and it was completely gone. Super cheap easy fix. Its my understanding ALL light bars get this unless you flip them and put the wiring down the drivers side. RIGID supposedly will ship you a set of isolators to stop the noise if you have one of their bars. It comes from wind coming up the windshield hitting the fins on the back of the light and they act like a tuning fork. Completely normal and has nothing to do with quality or defects. Super simple cheap fix that you can not even see or tell is there so dont be deterred by it.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08JK316
If you buy through the seller i did (there is only one seller for this brand bar), it is shipped from Pennsylvania. So i did not give my phone number or anything there was no need. And while drive you can not see any part of the bar at all. You can barely see the inside edges of the mounts and thats it. UPDATE: I took the jeep for a drive today and it was ridiculously windy, i probably shouldnt have been out driving it in this type of wind anyways. But i experienced some of the whistle from about 25mph up to around 50mph where it went away. I remembered reading about sticking some 1" pieces of 1/4" irrigation tubing in between the fins every few inches to stop the noise. I tired it and it was completely gone. Super cheap easy fix. Its my understanding ALL light bars get this unless you flip them and put the wiring down the drivers side. RIGID supposedly will ship you a set of isolators to stop the noise if you have one of their bars. It comes from wind coming up the windshield hitting the fins on the back of the light and they act like a tuning fork. Completely normal and has nothing to do with quality or defects. Super simple cheap fix that you can not even see or tell is there so dont be deterred by it.
Can you post a pic of the fix?
Old 11-19-2013, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Got my bar in today. 6 days quicker than eBay estimated. I'm all the way down here in SW Louisiana. Box looked great. Everything seems to be intact. Came with bolts and such. Threw it on the battery to check it and it worked just fine. Hope to install it this week. The brackets came in yesterday.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GhostJeep
Got my bar in today. 6 days quicker than eBay estimated. I'm all the way down here in SW Louisiana. Box looked great. Everything seems to be intact. Came with bolts and such. Threw it on the battery to check it and it worked just fine. Hope to install it this week. The brackets came in yesterday.
Be sure to post some pics! This is going to be my Christmas present to myself and I want as many reviews as I can get!
Old 11-20-2013, 02:57 AM
JK Freak

So....think this eBay bar is brighter than 2 Rigid duallys? The original duallys. I'm on the fence on what to buy.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by amick218
So....think this eBay bar is brighter than 2 Rigid duallys? The original duallys. I'm on the fence on what to buy.
I don't have mine yet but from the pics and descriptions this one seems to be brighter than probably 2 pair of duallys.

Quick Reply: Newcomdigi 52" 300watt LED Light Bar