Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

No Display on MYGIG

Old 02-10-2008, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Display on MYGIG

Hello to all and thanks for reading, Just got in the JK (08 Sahara Unlimited) , I started it and the MYGIG plays audio but there's no display? No time, no track info, just a black screen.

I have no clue what happened. It worked this morning. Just all of a sudden no display. Is there a reset button on the MYGIG?
Anyone else have this happen before?
Jeep is 1 1/2 month old with 1700 miles on it.
Hard top has always been on and I don't think water could have gotten into it. Jeep is always garaged and it hasn't rained lately.
Any help is appreciated. Hate to leave my baby at the dealership.

Thanks in advance.

TS'r
Old 02-10-2008, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

O.K. so i got in the jeep about 15 minutes later and the MYGIG worked fine? What gives? I did remote start the vehicle earlier, but even turning on and off the Jeep several times didn't change the result...(No display). Now it works fine. I guess I will have to keep a close eye on this.

Let me know If this has ever happened to you.
Thanks,

Troubleshooter (+)
Old 02-10-2008, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the Jeep's electrical system and they mysteries that go with it.....
Old 02-11-2008, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

I heard that. I'm gonna run it till it quits again. Being a service tech myself, I know it's difficult to troubleshoot something thats working perfectly fine.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are you having problems with the NAV when it does come up? Also, what information does it show when you look at the HDD info... is there an error reported for the gracenotes database? If so, your radio has a failing hard drive, or its cutting out intermittantly. Mine started out by blacking out the screen, then it'd work again. I thought it was some sort of safety feature at first, because it was only 5* outside that morning. Eventually, the drive totally quit, and the nav, and other features didn't work anymore.

-t
Old 02-11-2008, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

The Blacked out screen, and coming back on sounds correct. I couldn't get any display at all no info, no clock, no nav. Just a black screen I could hear music off of the harddrive. I will check the hard disc info to see if it lists errors.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

I have the same problem with the blacked out screen. It was working perfect then the went i went in the jeep that night the screen was black but you can hear the music?

anyone find a soluction to this?

Quick Reply: No Display on MYGIG