Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

No Electical Power entire Car

Old 03-09-2019, 04:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Electical Power entire Car

its a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. I was driving and the battery indicator had gone on and though that this was odd. I kept driving for another 5 mins attempting to exit the freeway then the CEL came on, then all the lights had come on(brake, anti skid, airbag...) then the car turned itself off before I can fully exit the freeway. I immediately thought that it was the Alternator that had gone bad. I had the Jeep towed to my home where I started first on charging the battery. Had it on the charger for about 4 hours and the battery measured 12.6 volts after the 4 hours. I put the battery back in the car and bolted it up hoping that the Jeep would at least start now that the battery was topped off. It did not start and there were no lights at all indicating that the ignition was on. Now i'm thinking that the alternator may not be the only issue. I checked fuses M10,M11 and J18 and all appear to have continuity. Is there a something i'm missing? any help is appreciated.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

Check all your grounds and then if that doesn't do it, check the positive lead that connects to the TIPM. I *think* if that is loose you lose power to everything.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

You need to have the battery tested. Just reading 12.6 does not mean it is good. It needs to be tested under load.

Quick Reply: No Electical Power entire Car