Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

NOT the stock HU......Help

Old 12-18-2011, 10:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My gig is not something I'm familiar with. I'm just letting you know.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:48 AM
JK Newbie

this should be an easy topic if anyone has a repair Manual with electrical schematic.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

No prob - press menu hard key (button on radio) then select system info soft key (button on touchscreen) and lets see if ur mygig software is current (tell me what it reports) - also can you tell me where your CAN C is connected in back of unit - closer to the volume control knob or closer to middle of radio? (the big plug you installed). BTW, no matter what anyone tells you, never disconnect battery cable to reboot mygig and never ever ever ever go inside the engineering menu---if you dont know what EM is, all the better. ?
Old 12-19-2011, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

I'm glad you mention the EM since that was going to be my next step. Im running software version 9.292. It is plugged in closer to the volume control...Does that help?!?
Old 12-19-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Default Anyone...

BUMP... Someone has to have a comprehensive wiring diagram or some sort of idea how to fix this....
Old 12-19-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not trying to hijack or anything but I have a 2011 sport and I don't think that the sound is all that bad once you mess with the fade and bass and stuff did speakers get worse in the 12's or are you just wanting rediculously loud
Old 12-19-2011, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Thats the correct software version and connection - please do not go into EM; you can brick the entire unit - unless the current software was loaded incorrectly (all files were not extracted) the unit is operating as it should. I think there was a EQ bug that the updates corrected - however, the system will tell you its running 9.229 even if it was loaded incorrectly (dont ask, i dunno why ) Go to the Unofficial Mygig website and become a member of their forum and see if anyone else has experienced this situation. If youre comfortable downloading zipped software, unzipping, extracting, then creating the correct data cd and burning program to the cd etc you might consider reinstalling 9.229 (if not, you can order the cd with software on it.) Also, if you want to reboot what you have now, pull the radio fuse and pull up on the IOD main fuse (engine off) then press-and-hold the open/close hardkey for 10 seconds then wait 15 minutes and return fuses and then crank jeep and see if anything improves. Just an idea. But do visit that site. Some smart folks there, but please dont go in EM or disconnect battery cables - i dont care if they tell you their first name is mygig, dont do it hope it works out.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks man for all the info. I'll go try that right now.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

Ur very welcome
Old 12-20-2011, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Well I tried reloading the software...no change.

I also tried the fuse pull reboot...no change.

Any other ideas?!? haha

This seems almost ridiculous to me that this issue should be such a mystery...

Quick Reply: NOT the stock HU......Help