Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

NOT the stock HU......Help

Old 12-20-2011, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it seems the only thing left is the Can bus connection, so I did some research and it appears the 2012 JWS has a new Can bus system that is not compatible with prior year mygig, so the pins in the Can bus arent signaling the way they should. Sorry youve had to go thru so much but sometimes thats the only way to find the answer - now: i am passing this info along to u but i am not telling u its correct; it seems that the new JWS Bus system went into production in 2011 - can you ask your dealer? And if this is the case, is there something that can bridge the new and the old Bus systems? If not, ur going to have to be happy with what you have or buy a new unit (you dont want to replace the Can bus inside your jeep) - if all this is true, im amazed at what is working for you, but will it remain? I dont rly understand speakers and wires, but since the fronts r working is it possible to have soundbar run off front speakers, as those pins are obviously working for you, and if that is a ridiculous idea, forgive me, as i havent a clue about speakers. Do please verify that the 2012 JWS has new Bus system which r only 100% compatible with 2011 2012 mygigs. If so, youve got ur answer, and if u keep the mygig that u currently have id think twice before installing any updates mygig releases after 9.229. Please let me know what you find out. Youd think theyd make the connections diff so someone like yourself wld no right away that this unit doesnt work with my Bus system; when you told me where it was connected, i didnt question compatibility. Good luck!!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have read on here that the factory soundbar has factory installed crossovers...i have the 7 speaker infinity system with an after market amp and 2 subs installed and the sound is incredible including the soundbar!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK UNLIMITED
i have read on here that the factory soundbar has factory installed crossovers...i have the 7 speaker infinity system with an after market amp and 2 subs installed and the sound is incredible including the soundbar!
Can you post any links to that thread? Im still trying to solve this...
Old 01-11-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Back_Again
Can you post any links to that thread? Im still trying to solve this...
i am sure it was in the electrical section here...could not find it but i will look some more...also read that if you connect two wires together with a jumper somehow it allows full volume to the soundbar because it is limited right now due to it being right above your head...big brother looking out for your protection i guess...i will try and find these again
Old 01-12-2012, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

On a old post someone jumped the connector on the Freedom Top to make the sound bar louder do not know if it was for this or not?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default H.U

I spent hours looking for solutions to the low output to the rears, never found anything that helped. I can tell you I replaced the h.u with a after market and now the rears put out like they should.

Quick Reply: NOT the stock HU......Help