Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Obtaining MyGig E-bay experience

Old 06-24-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obtaining MyGig E-bay experience

Well after 2 months it's over! I bid on a MyGig on e-bay and won the auction May 9. I had e-mailed the seller a question about the model number and he sent back an e- of an '09 model. When I received it.... guess what?! It was an '08!!!

Long story short his response to my attempt to return it was "...enjoy your new stereo dude!"

Fortunately I had done "a little" homework and made sure that PayPal was gauranteeing the auction. Today I received my entire purchase price back to my credit card. all told I am out $25 for the freight to send it back to Mr. Dude. My lifes pessimism has served me well but in this instance the system actually worked!

Oh yeah, the seller has had his priveleges removed from e-bay. I know there are ways around it but at least the hassle factor is high on his end two.

Be careful out there!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

got my my gig on ebay for $100 plus about $25 shipping...killer deal
Old 06-24-2009, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Wow! If it had been $100 I would not have sweated it. Bidding went to....and I'm ashamed of this.....$1150. That was for the advertised '09 compatable with the iPod's. Don't mind paying a fair price but I'll fight back when someone sticks it to me.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Congrats on getting your money back. On such an expensive purchase that really is nice to hear. Especially nice to hear that he got kicked off ebay or paypal. It cost you $25 bucks and a ton of hassle, but it was a happy ending at least.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had to many problems selling things on eBay in the past to ever use them again. I'm a Craigs List kinda guy now. Had a big problem with a guy I sold my old Alpine head unit to. I sent him every pic he asked for, boxed it in the original box, and even told him going into it that one of the gears needed replacing. But he still tried to get his money back.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea it nice now before the Seller would have all kinds of power to screw a buyer over and totally get away with it. Ebay has put its foot down now. Heck if you are a seller and the buyer gives you a negative or a neutral feedback you will get a call or email from Ebay immediately making sure you resolve the issue now! Another thing that changed is that if you left a seller a negative feedback he could just leave a retaliatory negative feedback back to you. The Seller can no longer do that either. Once a Negative is left from a buyer the feedback for the seller is locked down till the issue is resolved.

Quick Reply: Obtaining MyGig E-bay experience