Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Off Road Lights

Old 01-17-2010, 10:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard when you mount them on the windshield you get a lot of glare off the hood.

I had 'em on the pillars and there was no glare at all.

Last edited by hs106; 01-17-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by horwitzs
LOL I actually just sold my 170s and upgraded to the big 240 blitz'.
I put on a combo filter though so its both a flood and a spot.

What do you think about that combo lens? I bought one (I thought they came in pairs, but not so) wide dispersion lens and was thinking about the combo instead.

The dispersion does a good job, but it definitely affects the brightness.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Oh I see......well, I'm pretty sure that would totally depend on the vehicle. I do know a guy that claimed he hit one going around 100mph in an older Monti Carlo. He said the thing went up and over and landed behind him. Said it barely damaged the car. But I doubt the same would be true in a JK....much less a lifted JK. I think it would pretty much be like hitting a brick wall.....

The myth was that if you increase your velocity (speed) before the impulse (impact) you can actually cause the moose to go flying OVER your car. I won't go into how many physics laws this breaks but needless to say it doesn't work that way.

They made a giant moose out of rubber that weighed the same as a full sized bull and proceeded to pull cars into it at various rates of speed. Wow, guess what, physics is right! Mass x Velocity DOES equal force! So the faster you hit the moose, the more devastating the impact becomes. So, NO, you can't deflect the moose by speeding up but you CAN and most definatly WILL decapitate yourself depending on vehicle height.

I don't get any hood glare at all off my Strikers but I'm running the stock spot lenses. If I ran the combo or dispersion lenses I probably would get quite a bit of backsplash. I plan to do what another JK'er did and run 3 170's on my bumper, two combo lenses and one dispersion in the middle.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hs106
What do you think about that combo lens? I bought one (I thought they came in pairs, but not so) wide dispersion lens and was thinking about the combo instead.

The dispersion does a good job, but it definitely affects the brightness.
I'm very happy with them!
The center part of the lense is made just like the wide dispersion, but the outer area is left clear to act as the spot, so you get the best of both worlds.
It probably does sacrifice a small bit of brightness, but with the 240s they are still plenty bright enough!

Originally Posted by Skippman
The myth was that if you increase your velocity (speed) before the impulse (impact) you can actually cause the moose to go flying OVER your car. I won't go into how many physics laws this breaks but needless to say it doesn't work that way.
They should have tried it with this car--> youtube.com/watch?v=-3u8CH4vU4k
Old 01-18-2010, 06:58 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ECHO
That question has come up before and yes they will fit up there with the right mounts.. But; will cause a significant reduction in your view.
With that "big grin" at the end of his question, I was actually thinking he was being facetious.....maybe I'm wrong...???
Old 01-18-2010, 07:11 PM
JK Jedi

Here Skippman....thought I would show you a different angle. Still think they look funky?....lol

Old 01-18-2010, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

Here Skippman....thought I would show you a different angle. Still think they look funky?....lol

Well I guess you don't have overheating issues even with those blocking the grille. I put a winch and some lights on mine and all of a sudden my tranny is overheating.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:49 AM
JK Newbie

Default My Strikers

Lightforce Striker 170
Clear Spot
Combo Amber
Just installed this weekend but haven't aimed them yet, I think they look pretty cool on the roof rack[
Old 01-19-2010, 05:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm just jealous cause I don't think I could fit those on my ARB bumper.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

Default KC

I like KC good light!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0246.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	35698  

Quick Reply: Off Road Lights