Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Passenger side fender side marker light harness

Old 08-21-2022, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Passenger side fender side marker light harness

I'm trying to replace my side marker lights on my 2017 Sahara Unlimited. The driver's side has gone perfectly. The passenger side is being a b***h! The wiring harness will not clip back into place. It will only go about half-way and won't go any farther. It isn't far enough to power the light. I've checked both the light and the wiring harness and don't see any damage to either. I'm running out of swear words to throw at it. Has anyone else experienced this and how did you resolve? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Something so "simple" shouldn't be this frustrating!

Passenger side being an A-hole!

Last edited by Enigmatik; 08-21-2022 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-22-2022, 12:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Make sure there is no damage to the pins/sockets. Sometimes they may not line up good enough to mate together. If that’s the case you can bent them with needle nose pliers to get them lined up.
The following users liked this post:
Enigmatik (08-22-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 04:39 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandau
Make sure there is no damage to the pins/sockets. Sometimes they may not line up good enough to mate together. If that’s the case you can bent them with needle nose pliers to get them lined up.
+1. That is the only thing I can think of as well. Have never seen anyone have an issue with this connector that I can think of.

Quick Reply: Passenger side fender side marker light harness