Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Pioneer AVIC-F700BT questions

Old 11-05-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always just wire a small toggle switch hidden under the driver side of the dash that is connected to the parking brake wire from the head unit and other side goes to a ground. That way when I want in motion I just flip the switch. If I were to get pulled over for having video in view of the driver I could leave the swith off and it wont show video. PAC units use a timer to ground the wire automatically and that works well except it always shows in motion when it is on. And they start at about $30.

Were you able to just ground the parking brake wire? Most units made after 2005 will not let you just keep the wire grounded all the time. If they see a ground when they come on then they will not show video until the ground is disconnected and then reconnected. They decided it was too ez to bypass. Not many, but a couple units don't work well with the p-brake constantly grounded they have trouble with the GPS cause it thinks they are stopped. Most units don't have an issue with that cause they know we are gonna bypass it. Congrats on the install... you have photos?

Last edited by bigbluejk; 11-05-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a guide at avic411. You take the Mute wire from the a/v harness, move it over two spots. Then you take that wire, the parking brake wire from the power harness, the ground wire from the power harness, and the ground wire from the vehicle (or PAC harness), and twist them all together and solder, and thats all you need to do.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVIC-F700BT questions