Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power locks on a timer. . . or yet another bug!

Old 12-22-2006, 01:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locks on a timer. . . or yet another bug!

I was installing some new head lights a couple days ago and had the drivers window down, and key on so I could listen to the radio. It was like that for probably 30 minutes and when I went to turn the key off the door was locked. I thought that I just bumped the manual lock on the way out, but I checked and all the doors were locked. I know for a fact that they all were unlocked as I just unloaded a new cooler from the back when I first got home.

I'm going to babysit it later on this afternoon and see if I can get it to do it again, but if you're going to be sitting there with the key on and while outside the vehicle then you might want to roll the window down, just to be safe. This happened in my garage, so it wouldn't have been problem if the window was up, but if it happened at the gas station. . . that could cause a headache.

Quick Reply: Power locks on a timer. . . or yet another bug!