Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power outlets

Old 08-17-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power outlets

Does anyone know how to remove the power outlets/ cigarette lighter? I pulled my plastic dash out to paint. The one around the stereo. I can't figure out how to remove the power outlets. It looks simple but i can't get them. i don't want to just tape them off. Any help??
Old 08-18-2008, 04:37 AM
JK Freak

I can't answer the question other that to say it might be worth searching the electrical section because there has been some discussion on connecting or tapping into that power supply and you might find some info in the write-up sections.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think they are made to come out, but rather just the back power wires come out. Last I remember screwing with it I didn't get the impression they were supposed to come off.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

i wouldn't be surprised if you are right. i'd like to wet sand the piece and i doubt they should get too wet,
Old 08-31-2008, 12:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stick a finger into the socket to keep the front from turning and unscrew the back half with your other hand. This worked on all other vehicles I've owned, I guess the JK is the same. Give it a try....

Quick Reply: Power outlets