Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power Window Wire Hareness Help

Old 06-15-2013, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window Wire Hareness Help

I have a 2013 JKUR. Pulled the doors to enjoy the weather. The harnesses are SUPER tight and hard to get off. I put some dielectric grease on them. Pulled the doors a few more times and I noticed that the driver side power window quit working. I got down there and looked, saw some insulation stripped off of some wires. Jiggle, jiggle = windows work. I put some liquid electrical tape on them to replace the insulation. Now the window doesn't work.

Damn. Ideas?
Old 06-15-2013, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by logicfix
I have a 2013 JKUR. Pulled the doors to enjoy the weather. The harnesses are SUPER tight and hard to get off. I put some dielectric grease on them. Pulled the doors a few more times and I noticed that the driver side power window quit working. I got down there and looked, saw some insulation stripped off of some wires. Jiggle, jiggle = windows work. I put some liquid electrical tape on them to replace the insulation. Now the window doesn't work.

Damn. Ideas?
The stripped wires were they on the door side or the jeep side of the harness?? Check the pins inside both harness,the male pins might have gotten pushed back. If they are ok,try taking the passager door off and contecting to the drivers door harness.( this wont be easy, you'll need a buddy to help) if it works then theres a issue with the door, if it doesnt then its in the harness in the jeep or its an issue with the jeep. also check the fuses.
good luck.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepnutt
The stripped wires were they on the door side or the jeep side of the harness?? Check the pins inside both harness,the male pins might have gotten pushed back. If they are ok,try taking the passager door off and contecting to the drivers door harness.( this wont be easy, you'll need a buddy to help) if it works then theres a issue with the door, if it doesnt then its in the harness in the jeep or its an issue with the jeep. also check the fuses.
good luck.
The wires with the stripped insulation are on the Jeep side of the harness. Does anyone know which color controls the power windows? When I plug the harness in, the light in the foot well does light indicating that it has been plugged in, so I am thinking that maybe I have a short in one of the wires.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by logicfix
The wires with the stripped insulation are on the Jeep side of the harness. Does anyone know which color controls the power windows? When I plug the harness in, the light in the foot well does light indicating that it has been plugged in, so I am thinking that maybe I have a short in one of the wires.
Can anyone tell me which color wire controls the power windows?

Quick Reply: Power Window Wire Hareness Help