Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Question about PAC C2R-CHY4 harness and aftermarket sub/amp install

Old 12-12-2015, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about PAC C2R-CHY4 harness and aftermarket sub/amp install

I have a 2011 JK with the Infinity package. A few weeks back I swapped out the stock sub with an 8" Alpine Type R and an aftermarket Alpine amp. I used an LOC so I can retain the factory head unit. Everything went pretty smooth and was working fine. About a week later my factory head unit started to malfunction. It would play for about 10 seconds, then mute for like 5 seconds, and keep doing it over and over again no matter what it was on (CD, BT, radio, XM)... So I'm pretty much sold on buying an after market head unit (also would be nice for the amp and sub I just put in instead of the crap LOC). I'm doing a lot of research if I should bypass the stock infinity amp or use a harness like the PAC C2R-CHY4. It seems like using the PAC adapter would be the easiest method to install an aftermarket head unit. My question though is, if I go this route with using the PAC, and I run the RCA lines from my aftermarket Alpine amp to the after market head unit, will it work as planned? I'm worried that there will be a problem because of there being two amps technically hooked up to the head unit. Does anybody hear have a set up like this? In theory it sounds like it should work no problem but I'm worried I'm missing something due to the stock amp being in the mix of things. Every thread I've read about people using the PAC it seems they just installed an aftermarket head unit and that was it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been looking online the past week and it seems there are multiple ways people do this and I always see in the comments or thread, other people saying this or that way didn't work for them.

Quick Reply: Question about PAC C2R-CHY4 harness and aftermarket sub/amp install