Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: Did this mod work for you?
Yes
31.51%
No
68.49%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Quick, awsome & free mod for Infinity sound system!!!

Old 05-07-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just tried this and it actually sounded worse to me. It didn't have as much depth to the bass. I wish I could figure out why my old 2007 with Infinty sound 6-disc DVD (non-nav)'s sub sounded sooooo much better than my 2012! Is the box different for the 2012s with the power group option (the 12v outlet next to the sub)?

2012 2 door soft top
Infinity package with 1 disc CD
Old 05-07-2012, 08:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkchr1s
I just tried this and it actually sounded worse to me. It didn't have as much depth to the bass. I wish I could figure out why my old 2007 with Infinty sound 6-disc DVD (non-nav)'s sub sounded sooooo much better than my 2012! Is the box different for the 2012s with the power group option (the 12v outlet next to the sub)?

2012 2 door soft top
Infinity package with 1 disc CD
U can make a jumper wire for the hard top plug wire. It does improve sound some but not a ton. There is a post on the forum about it. I will look for it for u
Old 09-17-2014, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

This thread is old as hell but I'll put in my feedback...last week I got a 2014 with Alpine stereo. I used to have an09 with infinity and this new one was beyond disappointing. Stumbled into this thread and I must say swapping the wires did improve my sub a lot.

Before swapping I almost couldn't even believe there was a sub at all. It was barely audible. Now it can shake the mirror a little with the hardtop. Still no idea why this is but I'm almost positive it was a huge improvement and not placebo. Maybe it really is a phase thing who knows. But thanks to OP because I'm much more satisfied with it now.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

I bought a 2007 Sahara with Infinity system in March. I was skeptical at first when I found this thread. But I've gotta say I tried it and i feel t worked for me! I know sound systems are subjective but I think this improved my system. It's not just "louder" it seems to hit harder/deeper.

Quick Reply: Quick, awsome & free mod for Infinity sound system!!!