Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Radio really loud and fuse keeps blowing

Old 10-16-2010, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio really loud and fuse keeps blowing

Hey guys/gals,
I got a bit of a problem with the wifes jeep jk. Everytime we turn the jeep off and then turn it back on the radio is super loud. It drives me nuts having to re adjust the radio everytime i get into it. Has anyone else had this problem?
and......
Problem 2
Our non constant 12v plug keeps blowing the fuse. Anyone have this problem. We keep bring it back to the stealership but they say they can't find anything and just replace the fuse. Only for it to blow in a day or two again. Other times it lasts like a month. The only thing thats pluged into the jeep is a satellite radio.
Any help would be great regarding these two matters.
Cheers,
Mike
Oh the Jeep is a 2009 Jeep JK
Old 10-16-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Try removing the sattelite radio. If the problem goes away, that's the problem. i have elctrical issues with an aftermarket amp. My headlights have shut off in the rain and darkness. I lowered the power on the amp and it hasn't happened again. I'm waiting for a good storm to really test it though. JK's don't seem to like add on electrical stuff.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Crazy. I'll give it a try.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone ever hear of the problem with the radio turning itself up when we turn it on?

Quick Reply: Radio really loud and fuse keeps blowing