Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Recommendation on MyGig upgrade

Old 02-18-2008, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendation on MyGig upgrade

Just got my 2008 Sahara, and love it. I'd like to enable the voice recognition and UConnect on the MyGig. I see a couple aftermarket products for this, and am wondering if anyone has a recommendation:

1. BLACKLISTED
2. MyGig Lockpick (coastaletech.com). This enables VR & UConnect, and much more - full video anytime (when moving ), backup camera, etc. Way cool, but will set you back about $400 by the time you get the camera.
So if anyone has reasons to get, or not get, either of these I'd sure like to hear your comments and experience. Thanks!

Last edited by wayoflife; 02-19-2008 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Blacklisted manufacturer
Old 02-18-2008, 08:02 PM
JK Newbie

Robar - can you tell me why that manufacturer is blacklisted? That's exactly the kind of info I'm looking for. Thanks!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:18 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the NavTV but I really like the Lockpic... it wasn't available when I got my AllGig from NavTV.

sent you a PM...

I forgot: the lockpic does not come with a microphone so you will need to get one from somewhere else.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Lockpick is the best deal going. If I had a MyGig I'd get that, the blacklisted company is not welcome on this site because they created screen names, acted as though they were customers who got this great new product, all to promote it in a shady manner.

Hopefully, lockpick will realize everyone wants Mics and get them for you guys. Considering their so tech savy over there anyway, I can't imagine it would be that hard for them, since they got their hands on one for the testing of the VR anyway.

I figure if everyone keeps asking, eventually they'll start supplying it at an added cost, much like thier backup cams.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:43 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by planetlarson
Robar - can you tell me why that manufacturer is blacklisted? That's exactly the kind of info I'm looking for. Thanks!
The company in question has been BLACKLISTED because they were caught attempting to solicit our members undercover by pretending to be an average consumer. They have done this multiple times using different usernames.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default re

My post was deleted... Without mentioning the product or blacklisted company name, basically I wanted to say: There are lots of options out there for your Jeep Mygig. Some unlock the video in motion, some activate the VR and U-connect and some activate everything. And of course, as with everything, it depends what you are looking for and how much you want to spend. Search the web, do a bit of research, and you will find the solution for you.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:06 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Just so everyone knows, several posts in this thread were deleted because they made mention of a company that has been BLACKLISTED. Please understand, this company was BLACKLISTED for a reason, if you want to find, discuss or share information about this company which has been caught on multiple occasions for soliciting their products undercover by pretending to be an average consumer, please do it elsewhere. We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY regarding companies that would resort to sleazy business tactics like this and hope you can be understanding that these rules exist for your protection.

Quick Reply: Recommendation on MyGig upgrade