Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Relocateing the Subwoofer?

Old 09-08-2008, 01:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the 5x7's in it made me kinda nervous. I am picky on my sound, so I would have to hear it before I bought it. Maybe the Blaupunkt will work out as a better solution. My goal is to hear them both today after work, so I'll post my findings after I do.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by freeswimmingfish
I just took a Kenwood KSC-SW10 out of my Jeep yesterday, I replaced it with a seperate amp and small 10" RF sub (mounted on the tailgate).
I was never happy with the Kenwood KSC-SW10, it sounded muffeled, distorted and weak (compared to a "real" subwoofer). BUT, that is just my opion, my wife, and others that rode in my Jeep said it sounded OK. It is not as much as a subwoofer, but more like a decent midwoofer.

So for now, it sits in the garage, untill i decied to sell it or put it in wifeys mini-van
I have never owned one but I feel the same about basslink and similar. I just like a more traditional subwoofer. what I am using now was a stretch for me even. hey man are you ever going to post a photo of your tailgate sub in my subwoofer thread?

Quick Reply: Relocateing the Subwoofer?