Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Remote Plugin for winch

Old 04-07-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Plugin for winch

Where's a good location to mount the plug for the remote to my winch and why? This being my first winch I was looking for some experienced users input. It could go under the hood, into the front bumper, inside the jeep??

I'm mounting a Smittybilt XRC8 into my stock bumper and relocated the solenoid box up by the battery. Can't access the original hole on the box so need to put it somewhere else.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

I mounted it to the bumper. I might eventually make a slot through the box to make it a little more secure to the metal bumper instead of the plastic.

My reasoning was... well I wanted to get to it. Having it in the hood means I have to open (and keep open) the hood when I want to use it.

Not very practical.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, here's what I ended up with. I can plug it in and shut the hood with no issues.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you thought about putting a switch on your dash? That'd take care of things 90% of the time for you.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did but I've yet to really see anything that improves on the look of the stock dash and didn't want to cut into it. This is nice and hidden and I can run the cable out to inside the cab easily and completely close the hood. That's why it is sitting at an angle. Also, since it's always powered I don't want too easy access to it.

Quick Reply: Remote Plugin for winch