Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Removing interior plastic by the door ( i cant think of the name )

Old 11-19-2017, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Removing interior plastic by the door ( i cant think of the name )

I'm looking to hide my wires for the aftermarket Amp.
So, i am trying to remove the plastic trim inside the jeep, at the bottom of the door frame. I cant for the life of me think what that piece is called, so google is not helping me much.
So, if you are standing outside, door open, and you look at the plastic on the floor, between the seat and the body, i need to remove that. It's got a flat plastic fastener.
I've pulled on it with some force, and that really seem to work.
Is there a trick to removing it? and if i do , do i need to buy a replacement fastener?

Thanks !
Old 01-23-2018, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Late reply, and I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but those just pull straight out. They make a trim fastener removal tool that helps. Sometimes they come out clean and can be re-used, other times they break apart and need to be replaced.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

There are a few of those flat tabs to pull out, I think 2 in the front, and two in the back, and then if I remember correctly, there is a clip it the middle that has to be slid forward to pull it out of the peg it is on. The tabs ore considerably longer and stiffer than most, you will need one of those clip remover tools to get them all out. Also, be careful, as the metal the clips in the back go into it super thin, and will bend rather than let the clip come out.

Quick Reply: Removing interior plastic by the door ( i cant think of the name )