Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Retractable Display Head Unit, pics??

Old 09-08-2016, 05:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retractable Display Head Unit, pics??

Hey folks, Looking to replace the HU in my JKU. Long story short, there's a Pioneer single DIN unit with a retractable screen and detachable face that I like for multiple reasons. One of those reasons is that when using the Metra install kit it adds a small cubby below the radio. Do ANY of you out there have a similar unit installed? Got any pics? Trying to figure out how it'll end up looking.

Thx
Old 09-09-2016, 05:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Psycho Squirrel
Hey folks, Looking to replace the HU in my JKU. Long story short, there's a Pioneer single DIN unit with a retractable screen and detachable face that I like for multiple reasons. One of those reasons is that when using the Metra install kit it adds a small cubby below the radio. Do ANY of you out there have a similar unit installed? Got any pics? Trying to figure out how it'll end up looking. Thx
I had a single din in my JKU when I first replaced the radio. The cubby was worthless. Didn't like the look and changed to a double din after a couple months. Couldn't find any pics, sorry.

Quick Reply: Retractable Display Head Unit, pics??