Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rewiring my CB -- Can I solder the wiring?

Old 08-26-2012, 06:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rewiring my CB -- Can I solder the wiring?

I'm going to rewire my CB's wiring this coming weekend once a new coax cable comes in the mail. When wiring, I normally just twist the wires together when adding on the extension wire, and electrical tape it. But, electrical tape eventually seems to unravel. I was thinking one of two options: soldering or substituting the electrical tape with heat shrink tubing.

Can I solder cb electrical wires together? If so, any pros to that versus just twisting the wires together?

For the heat shrink tubing, that stuff pretty good? Better than electrical tape?

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume your talking about the two wires to power the cb. Soldering is always better then using a connector so I would go that route and use heat shrink as well
Old 08-26-2012, 10:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just connected my power leads to a dc cigarette lighter plug, so i can remove the cb when not in use real easily. Just an idea, however, i would recommend solder with heat shrink over the top when done if i were doing it
Old 08-27-2012, 05:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Biggy
I assume your talking about the two wires to power the cb. Soldering is always better then using a connector so I would go that route and use heat shrink as well
Thanks! This is what I pretty much assumed. Much appreciated!

Quick Reply: Rewiring my CB -- Can I solder the wiring?