Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Right Rear Blinker Turn Signal not working

Old 10-31-2009, 07:59 PM
mt3
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right Rear Blinker Turn Signal not working

hello all. so i driving home the other night, i threw on my right turn signal and the dread super fast blinking came on. it is the right rear blinker. i went to change the bulb, but what is weird is that the right taillight comes on fine. figured it must be the fuse, right?

so here is my problem, i can't seem to decode the fuse map on the underside of the cover to tell which one is for the turn signal. can someone point me in the right direction? thanks in advanced!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:52 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I would be surprised if it's the fuse. If you're uncertain that it's the bulb, try swapping the bulbs between the left and right side and see if the problem moves.

BTW: There are two filaments in the bulb. It's possible that one filament is bad and the other is good.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 11-01-2009 at 04:00 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, there is 2 filaments in the bulb, one for tail lgihts, and the other for stop/turen. Perfectly normal for one of them to be out, and the other working.

Quick Reply: Right Rear Blinker Turn Signal not working