Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rigid D2 as Fogs - HELP

Old 07-02-2013, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rigid D2 as Fogs - HELP

Just installed an AEV bumper and plan to install Rigid Industries D2 in the fog holes. Only one question:

Do I order the WIDE beam pattern or SPOT?

Someone told me the WIDE pattern will be too high and will blind oncoming traffic. For those that have installed these lights I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

FYI - I called Rigid and asked their option. They were not very friendly and stated "none of our lights are approved for highway use" .... end of conversation
Old 07-02-2013, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that your conversation wasn't to your liking, I've talked with several of their reps with no issues. I can say that they don't make the lights for highway use so this may have been the reason for the response. However, things worded differently may have been more to your liking. I don't know about either of the Dually's but, I have heard of some folks using the D2 driving beam in that location. Some say its not legal and you are just adding to the to problem of throwing light all over the road and some argue that it's all in how you adjust them. I know this isn't the exact advise you were looking for, but I'm sure other will chime in with there thoughts soon. Whatever you decide good luck.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

I Recommend the D2 Driving, Since they sit a little bit back in the Pocket you don't lose hardly any light , they have a Great Spread and distance
They work great on the road! They are not DOT Legal, but I run mine all the time on my Jeep and Truck and don't even get flashed.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The fog lights are usually run by people that aren't happy with their factory headlights. If you haven't already, upgrade your headlights and you will be much happier than the guy with stock lamps and wiring.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't run fogs because I'm unhappy with the headlights. Besides, I've already replaced the headllights. I'm just curious if the D2 "wide" pattern has too much spread to run as fogs. I don't want to blind oncoming traffic or get flashed every two seconds. No one seems to have an opinion. Rare for this site

Last edited by pcarpenter; 07-08-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarpenter
I don't run fogs because I'm unhappy with the headlights. Besides, I've already replaced the headllights. I'm just curious if the D2 "wide" pattern has too much spread to run as fogs. I don't want to blind oncoming traffic or get flashed every two seconds. No one seems to have an opinion. Rare for this site
I run the d2's driving pattern as replacements for my stockers. I like them and have had no issues but you do have to aim them quite low so you dont blind others.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

I run the spot pattern, but I only use them if there is no one in front of me or if someone cuts me off
Old 07-08-2013, 05:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't run the spot's with out getting bright lighted back at me.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are you guys using the rigid ind. adapter kit? I just ordered one and waiting for it to come in. Any feedback would help. I own both sets of lights.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/Jeep-...it-p/40138.htm
Old 07-10-2013, 02:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RubicAn11
Are you guys using the rigid ind. adapter kit? I just ordered one and waiting for it to come in. Any feedback would help. I own both sets of lights.

Jeep JK Fog Light Replacement Kit
I cut about 4 feet off the wiring harness that came with my lights then soldered on some h 16 connectors so they plugged into my stock jeep harness plugs.

Quick Reply: Rigid D2 as Fogs - HELP