Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rigid Industries Duallys

Old 08-27-2013, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rigid Industries Duallys

Just got my pair of Duallys and am mounting them on my a-pillars. I have never done anything with lights. Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobafetske
Just got my pair of Duallys and am mounting them on my a-pillars. I have never done anything with lights. Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
You'll spend the majority of your time zip tying the wires up to the existing engine bay wires and drilling a hole for the circular light switch. They are pretty straight forward install.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am pretty sure when I installed mine I followed along on a write up someone did in the write up section. They where very simple. Hardest part was taking the dash panels apart so you can access the little hole through the fire wall. It was a very easy install (this coming from someone who knows little about this sort of thing).
Old 09-01-2013, 04:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mrEman81
I am pretty sure when I installed mine I followed along on a write up someone did in the write up section. They where very simple. Hardest part was taking the dash panels apart so you can access the little hole through the fire wall. It was a very easy install (this coming from someone who knows little about this sort of thing).
I did a couple of Rigid Write ups, one was a D2 mounted on top of my left brake light box and wired directly to the backup circuit, and the other was a pair of D1's mounted in the factory fog light holes and wired directly to the factory fog light switches

I guess I really like using existing switches when their going to go unused after the mod anyway!

Matthew

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 09-01-2013, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrEman81

Actually to pass the wires thru you really don't have to remove any panels, there's a rubber grommet and a foam filled hole that are available. the side panel by drivers door is easily removable with a flat blade screwdriver if you want to locate the switch on the lower left portion of the dash similar to Rubicon locker switches
Old 09-01-2013, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pro tip. dont look at them when you click em on.

Quick Reply: Rigid Industries Duallys