Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rock lights

Old 07-18-2009, 03:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Starting my lights (cheapo Wally World ones). One question... with three sets of these light kits going in, are you guys tying them together and running off of one switch? I'd like to do this and tap into the dome lamp circuit to have the courtesy light option as well. Will one switch handle the load? Quick answer would be sweet as I'm installing now.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow thats is so awesome looking

now all u gys had to do was go buy some white neons u could run them under the rock raisl while driving street and double as rock light haha
srsly tho awesome mod too bad i dont rock krawl
Old 07-20-2009, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

Any idea how many amps you are drawing with all 3 sets? Im trying to figure out what gauge wire and what size fuse i need to use.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by serveapurpose
Here are the Wal*Mart lights..............

I used a total of 6 lights 3 sets of these.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased these. hXXp://www.oznium.com/prewired-superflux

I have 2 in front and behind each tire for a total 16! At $2.99ea you cant beat that! One other nice thing is I can leave them on ALL night and they will never drain the battery!

These LEDS are all waterproofed, with a built-in resistor and a foot of wire, so all you have to do is plug them in. LEDS use little electricity and give off virtually no heat, so you won't have to worry about a fire with these cool lights.
They are ready to go - "pre-wired" to work on any 12 volt system.

Just hook up the red wire to positive, and the black to negative (ground).

A superflux LED is square LED, with a very wide viewing angle. And the superflux LEDs have not just one, but FOUR chips in one LED for ultimate brightness. They can mount in a 3/8" hole.

Here's how it works: They glue each superflux LED into waterproof housing and pre-wire it, so it's ready to go. You simply hook up the red wire to positive and the black wire to your ground on your 12-volt system and you're in business! These lights are FOUR LEDs in one, so they're bright enough for all of your needs, and they mount in any 3/8" hole, so you can use them just about anywhere.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Seriously looking into this, when i drive down the beach we usually lose items when they fall in the sand, perfect application plus being waterproof/corrosion resistant sounds like they hold up a while. Bumping this thread to find out how the leds are holding up after a couple years. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered 16! (hope you dont mind i plan on putting them in the fenders like yours)

Quick Reply: Rock lights