Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rubber utility lights on JK?

Old 06-29-2010, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubber utility lights on JK?

Hi,

I was thinking of putting some flood lights on my jk. I have the rugged ridge XHD front bumper (no winch model)

I really like the look of big black rubber housing flood lights. So I was wondering if anyone has ever used these kind of lights before on their jeep. The cost like $20 a piece so yes they are cheap but are they any good?

http://grote.com/product.php?product_number=64471

If anyone has another model to suggest to me please let me know. I do not want to spend too much for lights and I really like the rubber housing

Thanks!

Alex
Old 06-29-2010, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are probably similar (or the same) as the $10 utility lamp you can get at almost any auto parts store, truck stop, northern tool, etc. They're meant as a close-in work lamp and even for that aren't that good. They put out a relatively dim, wide, shallow pattern.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexkarbo
Hi,

I was thinking of putting some flood lights on my jk. I have the rugged ridge XHD front bumper (no winch model)

I really like the look of big black rubber housing flood lights. So I was wondering if anyone has ever used these kind of lights before on their jeep. The cost like $20 a piece so yes they are cheap but are they any good?

http://grote.com/product.php?product_number=64471

If anyone has another model to suggest to me please let me know. I do not want to spend too much for lights and I really like the rubber housing

Thanks!

Alex
I just recently installed these for a Club Member on his JK and he was unhappy how flexible the rubber housing was on the light. (The light mount is directly mounted the rubber housing) so the light would bounce all over the place on a bump or rough road.

He did not like them so he returned them and purchased some ProComps for the bumper instead.

Quick Reply: Rubber utility lights on JK?