Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rubi dim light problems *Help*

Old 07-14-2013, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubi dim light problems *Help*

I have a 2009 Rubi and the passenger headlight is doing some wonkey stuff. When the running lights are on, the headlight is barely visible. When the lights are on, everything looks normal. When the high beams are on it is quite a bit dimmer than the driver side. I have replaced the bulb, and i cleaned what I think is the ground (I'm mechanically challenged).

I've searched the forum, and really the things I read was check the ground.. Any other suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Jul 13, 6 26 14 PM.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	477845

Name:	Photo Jul 13, 6 32 45 PM.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	477846

Name:	Photo Jul 13, 6 34 02 PM.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	477847

Also anyone have any ideas what brand front bumper that is.. I hate it..

Anyone have any suggestions on how to disable the running lights. I can live with the dim high beam, but the dim running light makes my jeep look sad..

Thanks
Mike
Old 07-14-2013, 04:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks like an aev bumper. as for the headlight on the newer ones the power is distribted through the ecu / cambus so just trace the lines back checking for lose or coroded connections if you dont find any thing it may be with the cambus itself. Thank chrysler for making simple things overly complicated for no reason.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks like a voltage problem.

Also a CAN buss can not power the headlights as its a data buss not a power buss. So don't worry about your CAN buss having a problem

However finding the spot where you are getting the voltage drop could be a PITA.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by goldtr8
Looks like a voltage problem.

Also a CAN buss can not power the headlights as its a data buss not a power buss. So don't worry about your CAN buss having a problem

However finding the spot where you are getting the voltage drop could be a PITA.
the headlights are eletronicaly regulated by the ecu. your right on the cambus part.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:18 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
the headlights are eletronicaly regulated by the ecu. your right on the cambus part.
By ECU, do you mean the TIPM?
Old 07-14-2013, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

All this computer bull , all the guys are saying is the trouble is in the fusebox thing ? right guys ?
and all cars are overly complicated ( why ) .
Old 07-15-2013, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

does anyone think it could be related to an AEV procal. I know one was used on the jeep, but it is no longer with the jeep. I have however ordered a new one. I would just assume turn the running lights off anyway.. But could something have been screwed up using the procal.

Is it worth trying to reset the ECU?

thanks for all the info so far

Mike

Last edited by Irish_Man; 07-15-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Rubi dim light problems *Help*