Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rubicon Anniversary Edition Bumper Fog Lights

Old 12-26-2015, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rubicon Anniversary Edition Bumper Fog Lights

Can anyone who has this bumper confirm which fog lights fit in this? I am getting one locally that doesn't come with stock fog lights. I have read that it uses a different bracket. I don't think the fog lights from my 2007 will fit. A Mopar part number would be helpful.

Attached a picture for reference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00T0T_d88O0k8Tqts_600x450.jpg
Views:	1074
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	632882
Old 12-26-2015, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amt97
Can anyone who has this bumper confirm which fog lights fit in this? I am getting one locally that doesn't come with stock fog lights. I have read that it uses a different bracket. I don't think the fog lights from my 2007 will fit. A Mopar part number would be helpful.

Attached a picture for reference.

Attachment 632882
You just need to purchase the 10A Foglight bracket and even your OEM fogs will fit, however you will have to extend your factory wires to reach the new ones. A few other options are Inspired cubes, or JW speaker fogs, which still require a bracket, I used the one from Rubitrux

Maximus-3 Rubicon X/10A JW Speaker Fog Light Brackets
Old 12-31-2015, 09:04 AM
Former Vendor

Congrats on the new Bumper. Its one of my favorite overall JK bumpers. We have an upgraded Foglight Replacement kit for that bumper. Check it out.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by King_
You just need to purchase the 10A Foglight bracket and even your OEM fogs will fit, however you will have to extend your factory wires to reach the new ones. A few other options are Inspired cubes, or JW speaker fogs, which still require a bracket, I used the one from Rubitrux Maximus-3 Rubicon X/10A JW Speaker Fog Light Brackets
I am getting both front and back bumpers in the spring for my 2011 Call of Duty.
It is my understanding that if you already have fog lights that fit a stock bumper,they will fit the bumper.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Macman1138
I am getting both front and back bumpers in the spring for my 2011 Call of Duty.
It is my understanding that if you already have fog lights that fit a stock bumper,they will fit the bumper.
I'd rather not have to purchase a bracket just to use the stock fog lights, which is what I plan on doing. Can someone confirm this? I just picked up the bumper tonight and I can't wait to put it on. I got the bumper, skid plate and all the hardware for $700 from a guy locally on Craigslist. It was basically brand new. He had it on his JK for a month before he took it off.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

I am almost 100% certain you will need the brackets to run any fog light other than the oem factory 10A ones as they mount differently than a standard fog light. I had to purchase a set of brackets to mount my JWS in my 10A bumper. When I was researching fog lights I did not come across any specifically made for the 10A bumper (although I may have not researched every brand on the market).
Old 01-05-2016, 04:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by up4rox
I am almost 100% certain you will need the brackets to run any fog light other than the oem factory 10A ones as they mount differently than a standard fog light. I had to purchase a set of brackets to mount my JWS in my 10A bumper. When I was researching fog lights I did not come across any specifically made for the 10A bumper (although I may have not researched every brand on the market).
That appears to be the case - though it's not obvious anywhere online! I plan on creating a write-up when I go to install mine to help out others who may be in the same boat as me!

Thanks to the generosity of forum member FRSH2DF, I have a set of the brackets and fog lights on the way. I just need to figure out how to either extend the fog light wiring via splicing and heat shrink, or make my own extensions. I'd rather go the route of adding wiring extensions instead of splicing the wires in case I ever want to return it to stock, and just to avoid any possibility of a short. I know that the Mopar instructions themselves recommend heat shrink but I don't know if I feel like splicing the wires. I've done it before, but I'd rather do a plug and play install for this. Apparently an aftermarket harness doesn't exist as a standalone part for the JKs like it does for the TJs. I think it will need to be at least 12".

If anyone has any ideas please let me know!
Old 01-05-2016, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

I just need to figure out how to either extend the fog light wiring via splicing and heat shrink, or make my own extensions. I'd rather go the route of adding wiring extensions instead of splicing the wires in case I ever want to return it to stock, and just to avoid any possibility of a short. I know that the Mopar instructions themselves recommend heat shrink but I don't know if I feel like splicing the wires. I've done it before, but I'd rather do a plug and play install for this. Apparently an aftermarket harness doesn't exist as a standalone part for the JKs like it does for the TJs. I think it will need to be at least 12". If anyone has any ideas please let me know!
I went from a stock plastic front bumper to the Hard Rock and I thought I was going to have to splice and heat wrap- the whole deal. But once I got the old bumper off and was checking things out, it all just worked. Had to rework the wrap a little, but the stock wiring was long enough. Maybe I just got lucky- but if so, I hope you do too!
Old 01-13-2016, 01:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by battleborn_jk
I went from a stock plastic front bumper to the Hard Rock and I thought I was going to have to splice and heat wrap- the whole deal. But once I got the old bumper off and was checking things out, it all just worked. Had to rework the wrap a little, but the stock wiring was long enough. Maybe I just got lucky- but if so, I hope you do too!
I haven't gotten around to installing the bumper yet, but I found a vendor on eBay who sold me some sweet extension plugs that work great. I tested them out with my stock fogs. The best part is that they were $11.98 shipped! If anyone needs the seller's info, hit me up.

I can't believe the MOPAR kit doesn't just include something like this.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	H10-ext.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	634485  
Old 01-13-2016, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

That appears to be the case - though it's not obvious anywhere online! I plan on creating a write-up when I go to install mine to help out others who may be in the same boat as me! Thanks to the generosity of forum member FRSH2DF, I have a set of the brackets and fog lights on the way. I just need to figure out how to either extend the fog light wiring via splicing and heat shrink, or make my own extensions. I'd rather go the route of adding wiring extensions instead of splicing the wires in case I ever want to return it to stock, and just to avoid any possibility of a short. I know that the Mopar instructions themselves recommend heat shrink but I don't know if I feel like splicing the wires. I've done it before, but I'd rather do a plug and play install for this. Apparently an aftermarket harness doesn't exist as a standalone part for the JKs like it does for the TJs. I think it will need to be at least 12". If anyone has any ideas please let me know!
Similar to the poster after you I put 10A bumpers on my sport. I didn't do a write up but did not have to splice any wires to hook up the fogs. I did buy a set of used 10A fogs off eBay because there was no way the sport fogs will fit. I did borrow from a thread I found about unravelling the stock wire loom and rewrapping it to reach the 10A fogs. If you have any questions when doing it feel free to PM me.

Quick Reply: Rubicon Anniversary Edition Bumper Fog Lights