Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

seatbelt chime won't stop ringing?

Old 12-06-2010, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seatbelt chime won't stop ringing?

After rehanging my doors and re-clipping the electrical quick connects, my seatbelt chime doesn't stop going off regardless of the fact that my belt is on. It does stop after about 3 to 5 minutes of uninterrupted driving, but it's annoying. Also, if I have an accident will the airbag deploy if the jeep thinks I don't have my belt on? I've had the jeep for three years, pulled the doors off plenty of times, and never had this problem before. Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no one has any ideas?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

use the search function... on here somewhere is a thread on how to disable it.. I did it about 1 week after owning the jeep...

good luck!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have never had an issue with mine.

Have you just unplugged the connectors to see if it stops?

Have you inspected the plugs for possible damage? bent pins/pinched wires etc. etc.?

Pull the battery cables for a few minutes to reset the computer and see if you still have the error?.

Quick Reply: seatbelt chime won't stop ringing?