Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Should I get Mygig?

Old 01-30-2008, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get Mygig?

I'm about to order a rubicon unlimited, the only thing I am debating about is mygig or an after market nav system. Can you save off road trails on mygig? download trails? I'm planning on doing a 3" lift with 35 x 12.50s. any other suggestions?
Old 01-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mapping is on road stuff, but to be fair I don't think anyone has off-road trails. I'd hope you'd be able to save a bread crumb trail though. The mygig might slow down your order, so make sure you really want it. Aftermarket units are cheaper and have more functionality (e.g. backup cameras), but you cannot roll that into your financing.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

get it, love mine.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

i love mygig.

i got the u-connect and am able to talk to nav to input destinations.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:44 AM
JK Super Freak

I bought my Rubicon without it and then bought the MyGig online seperately and had it installed. Now I can't imagine the Jeep without it. The MyGig does have a breadcrumb trail feature but it has a limit to around 10 or maybe 12 trails. Just make sure you delete one's you don't need or use that often. That's probably one of the best features of it as far as offroading goes. That and the elevation feature is pretty cool if you are venturing off in areas of varying elevation and you'd like to know approx where you're at. As far as other aspects of the MyGig like the ability to upload tons of music, the integrated Sirius satellite radio and the MP3 player jack, it really is awesome to have.

Last edited by pkess3; 01-30-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No experience with the mygig: but if you want to talk to me about my Kenwood Head unit, and how I think it's a better deal, send me a PM.

I personally feel factory units are quite overpriced. Also, some people have complained about the sound output to rear speakers with the factory head units.

Going aftermarket will get you a lot more for your money, it's an easy fix for the rear sound output, and makes upgrading down the road easier.

If you don't htink you need added features like reverse camera's, aftermarket speakers or subwoofers, the ability to add more TV screens or watch DVD's on your head unit, and you want the factory warranty, get the my gig.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love the mygig but of course I don't have anything else to compare it to. I do plan on adding a reverse camera soon when I get the lockpick.

pkess3-

Does that SATV tab work? I don't have that option.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:31 PM
JK Super Freak

If I did it again I would DEFINITELY NOT get the MyGig. Features are disabled in the Wrangler, some of the functions are useless. There are so many ways it could be better, each day I find something else that should be different. Now to move onto the Nav... my 200 dollar portable is just as good, if not better.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by davidwm71
If I did it again I would DEFINITELY NOT get the MyGig. Features are disabled in the Wrangler, some of the functions are useless. There are so many ways it could be better, each day I find something else that should be different. Now to move onto the Nav... my 200 dollar portable is just as good, if not better.
there are ways turn on all disabled features. my u-connect and Voice recog works perfectly.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've only had mine a few days now and I'm hooked on it! I would recommend it. I'm sure it's not perfect, or the best one out there but, it's pretty damn cool ! I say go for it! What do the voices in your head tell you to doooooo........

Quick Reply: Should I get Mygig?