Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Should I go amber or red rock light for a White JK?

Old 11-08-2018, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Should I go amber or red rock light for a White JK?

I'm thinking of purchasing Rigid A Series rock lights (6x). Having hard time deciding between Amber or Red. I have a Whilte JK. I'd like to mount to all four wheel wells, but where do most people install the last two rock lights? Somewhere on the rock sliders? For a white JK, would you go Red lights or Amber lights?

If anyone have red or amber lights on a White JK, please share photos.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I went with white underneath so I could see better but then put red in the fender wells just because.

Old 01-12-2019, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Rock Lights, trying to decide what lights to buy. There are many choices and some of the cheaper ones have good reviews. The Rigid Rock lights are very expensive 300 - 500...are they really worth that or would a cheaper cost be sufficient? Looking for Jeepers that have installed rock lights and any pros/cons. I don’t necessarily need blue tooth technology or disco lights, prefer to just be able to use a toggle switch to turn on/off. I already have Rigid D2 on my windshield and if the quality of their lights way surpass the cheaper ones then this may be the route I take. Recommendations?
Old 01-12-2019, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If you are truly using them as rock lights, I would go red. The reason being is that red does not mess with your night vision. So, when you look at the lights, then look up again, your eyes don’t need to adjust to the darkness. If you are doing themfor show, whatever color suits you.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:13 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by Az scooter
If you are truly using them as rock lights, I would go red. The reason being is that red does not mess with your night vision. So, when you look at the lights, then look up again, your eyes don’t need to adjust to the darkness. If you are doing themfor show, whatever color suits you.
I do generally agree with red being much easier on the eyes and messing with your night vision, but I'd still go with white for this function as I want the best illumination possible, and you're not going from staring under your vehicle to trying to spot Bigfoot 100 yards away. Odds are you have a whole crapload of bright headlights and other bumper, a-pillar, and windshield mounted lights on your and various other vehicles whining bright at the same time. If you're just doing this for ambience while on pavement, just save your money and use it for something that is actually functional.

Quick Reply: Should I go amber or red rock light for a White JK?