Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Signal and marker lights

Old 07-06-2023, 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Signal and marker lights

Good evening everyone. I’m going through bulbs like crazy on my signal, brake and marker lights on my 2010 Sahara Unlimited.. Also, my interior lights have started blinking and the outside temp and compass reading on the dash go in and out while driving. Any ideas?
Old 07-07-2023, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Feesche, first of all welcome to the forum ! I bet you already know what we will say .... check yur grounds. No really, sounds like you have an intermittent problem with grounds for these light systems. If the grounds are compromised in any way , it will cause a higher amp draw and shorten bulb life if not just blow it up. Could possibly be from a mis-seated bulb in its receptacle. Could be corrosion build up on bulb receptacle. Good luck with this one!!
Old 07-07-2023, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do! I was going to replace all the harnesses but that is definitely a less expensive route. I really appreciate the guidance. Thank you
Old 07-07-2023, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 422 Posts

Could be over voltage causing this as well. Check the voltage on the system with engine runninng around 3000rpm. Again OV canbe caused by floating grounds as well.

Quick Reply: Signal and marker lights