Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Silverstar

Old 05-16-2008, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverstar

Gotta ask ... compared to my Dodge Ram the JK's headlights destroy the truck ... Are the Silerstar headlight bulbs really brighter than stock or just a crisper light?
Old 05-16-2008, 07:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Just a more clear/crisp light.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

I would say both. Compared to the stock yellowish beam, the silverstars are definately more white, both brighter and more crisp. I have a 45 mile commute mostly mountain driving, and I'm always coming or going in the dark and I noticed the diferance the first day. My eyes are constantly for wildlife and I would say it's a good investment.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by pushntin
I would say both. Compared to the stock yellowish beam, the silverstars are definately more white, both brighter and more crisp. I have a 45 mile commute mostly mountain driving, and I'm always coming or going in the dark and I noticed the diferance the first day. My eyes are constantly for wildlife and I would say it's a good investment.
I run some HELLA low profile 6" lights on the Shrock stubby bumper, they are better than the stock headlights. I too would like something brighter for those so long as they didn't overheat the connectors like on my 06 Rubi I had.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
I run some HELLA low profile 6" lights on the Shrock stubby bumper, they are better than the stock headlights. I too would like something brighter for those so long as they didn't overheat the connectors like on my 06 Rubi I had.
the silverstar bulbs overheated your connectors on the headlights? or do you want something brighter for your HELLA's?
Old 05-16-2008, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

my opinion is they are much brighter, and whiter.... there is a noticeable difference, but i just upgraded to a 8000 HID kit... The fogs are silverstars have a bit more yellow than the silverstar headlights..(HID's in this pic)

Last edited by RonFDNY77; 05-16-2008 at 09:20 PM. Reason: add
Old 05-17-2008, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

well thanks for the inputs i just dont wanna go out spend the money and them not acctually be brighter than stock but as long as there atleast the same just crisper thats good enough for me
Old 05-17-2008, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MattMac1291
well thanks for the inputs i just dont wanna go out spend the money and them not acctually be brighter than stock but as long as there atleast the same just crisper thats good enough for me
I think the Silverstars are Whiter and Brighter. I really like them.
There's a rebate on them through the end of May.
http://www.sylvania.com/content/disp...x?id=003696488
Old 05-18-2008, 05:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Silverstars

Before:

After:

Before:

After:
Old 05-19-2008, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MattMac1291
Gotta ask ... compared to my Dodge Ram the JK's headlights destroy the truck ... Are the Silerstar headlight bulbs really brighter than stock or just a crisper light?
Sylvania Silverstars are a product that was brought to the market by a demand for cheap bulbs that produce a whiter-looking light. Don't kid yourself into thinking that you can see the road better with them; you can't and you won't.
And, to add insult to injury, they don't last long because Sylvania has to put in a hotter filiment to compensate for the light output they lose from the bogus coating.
If anybody has bought these, don't feel stupid; I did too. But I know better now.

Read this for information on bulbs.

I have a pair of Phillips Vision Plus ready to go in my Jeep tonight.

Quick Reply: Silverstar