Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius Antenna Mount

Old 03-03-2007, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Antenna Mount

I just got an aftermarket Sirius kit for my JK, and I was wondering where would be the best place to mount the antenna? I have tried searching, but to no avail...please advise!
Old 03-03-2007, 02:24 PM
cablerep79

If you have a soft top, just stick it on top of your roll bar and hide the wiring inside of the padding and plastic windshield frame...took all of 3 minutes on my 2-dr soft top. I just suction mount the radio to the windshield when in use and stow it in the console out of sight when I'm done.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

The mopar factory antenna mounts on the roll bar, passenger side in front of the sound bar. Works with both soft & hard tops, provided you don't add padding/insulation/carpet to the mix.

Before I had the OEM Sirius installed, I had an Audiovox PnP w/car kit. I wedged the antenna between the sound bar & hard top, and it worked fairly well (but I'd recommend a more permanent mount on the roll bar).

I've also seen folks mount it to their hood, running the wire through one of the 2 window bumper holes.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Like stated above....XM antenna near the window bumper holes. Though I may move it to the roll bar as I hadn't thought of that before.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have sirius but don't have that antenna - was it already installed or was in in a package or something when you picked up your jeep? :confused:
Old 03-15-2007, 09:30 PM
JK Super Freak

If your Sirius came from the factory, then you have it on your rollbar.

He mounted his own antenna on the hood.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, I looked for the antenna but did not find it. Anyway, it probably is there I just don't see it. The reason I ask is because I get horrible reception. About every 10 seconds I get the "SAT aquiring reception" message. It happens on several different channels.
Could this be because we never see the sun this time of year in Seattle? :confused: :confused:
Old 03-18-2007, 10:36 AM
JK Super Freak

You may want to dig around on that passenger rollbar then, because it may have slipped to the bottom of the bar, which would decrease reception.
Or, take it to your dealer, and let them figure it out while you play with other Jeeps.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I get crappy reception too even after adding an external antenna to the hood ( the factory one wouldn't pick up anything after the carpet/padding added to top. I'm begging to think I might have a weak tuner for sirius cause loosing the signal driving under a tree just never affected my xm but my GF's Grand Cherokee loose signal at the same trees.But mine also has a swishing ,FM hiss to it kinda like cassette tape fading in and out ..very annoying...too bad it isn't XM altho sirius blues IS better than XM's. any body else notice the swishy noise in the background? I added Tweeters so they of course enhance the hiss.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:29 AM
JK Newbie

Default Bad Reception from stock antenna

I have the stock antenna and i loose signal under trees alot. I located my antenna on the rollbar passenger side under the rollbar padding. It is pretty close to the speaker so i am wondering if that may have any effect on reception. If enought of us complain about it will Jeep do a recall you think?

Quick Reply: Sirius Antenna Mount