Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius Menu Scan

Old 03-29-2008, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Menu Scan

Does anyone know if there is a way to listen to one Sirius station while scanning the song title info on all the other stations?

My son thought of this on the way home from the Islanders game tonight (yea.. they lost again).

Thoughts?
Old 03-29-2008, 08:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jetsfan28
Does anyone know if there is a way to listen to one Sirius station while scanning the song title info on all the other stations?

My son thought of this on the way home from the Islanders game tonight (yea.. they lost again).

Thoughts?
Not with a stock head unit, but some of the Sirius aftermarket units will do this.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

The one feature I wish they had put on the Mygig is the ability to save favorite songs and alert you when they are playing. I had a cheap xm add-on receiver that did this, and it was great!
Old 03-30-2008, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I personally really wish they had the heart button that the Stilletto has for Sirius. This way if there is a song that you like, you could hit the heart button and save a song on you hard drive and listen to it whenever.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe a future update will add some sort of functionality like this.. I dont see why they couldnt do it.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racer83l
maybe a future update will add some sort of functionality like this.. I dont see why they couldnt do it.
The only reason I can see why they wouldn't want to include it is, if you accumulate 1000's of songson you HDD, I would assume you would be less inclined to renew your Sirius subscription. Personally I would never cancel since I am such a huge Howard Stern fan, but I am sure other people could take it or leave it.

Quick Reply: Sirius Menu Scan